I broke it quickly...And repeatedly...Chaste White Rebuild

That's a good choice, be good to know if you are able to put the power down in 3rd and 4th. Guessing 2nd will be a hit and miss unless optimal conditions.

That's a good choice, be good to know if you are able to put the power down in 3rd and 4th. Guessing 2nd will be a hit and miss unless optimal conditions.
I have my draggy at the ready. Just need to get it mapped before I can go all out, well better do some running in miles before I unleash hell. 😂

I have my draggy at the ready. Just need to get it mapped before I can go all out, well better do some running in miles before I unleash hell. 😂

That sounds like a plan; I basically drove mine every chance I got, every grocery run etc and ended up doing 1500+ run in miles. A lil bit over kill tbh but I have RA super seals and my engine was built for life at WOT and track use for lots of abuse; so I use it with a lot more premix than the avg rotary user and I ran it in a bit more than needed. Could have been ready for mapping in 500 miles of use too!

Has anything in your setup changed that it needs to be remapped?

That sounds like a plan; I basically drove mine every chance I got, every grocery run etc and ended up doing 1500+ run in miles. A lil bit over kill tbh but I have RA super seals and my engine was built for life at WOT and track use for lots of abuse; so I use it with a lot more premix than the avg rotary user and I ran it in a bit more than needed. Could have been ready for mapping in 500 miles of use too!

Has anything in your setup changed that it needs to be remapped?
Yes I now have the wastegate vented to atmo with a fire ring this time as was mapped before without one unbeknownst to me.

Also a much bigger and more efficient intercooler and a big old air filter. Was mapped before on a shit Chinese cooler and with one of those turbo guards.

Step one of passing MOT done today. We used one of the reverse lights and converted it to be the rear fog from a switch which I need to place on the dash.

It is much more of a red by the naked eye.

52114948-532E-4FDF-B60E-CFABC4228AF0.jpeg
72255CF1-3C33-4BC4-B0D1-397C9F59B0DC.jpeg
09EAE886-7825-4F48-A02B-5186C2340106.jpeg

Final step is the sill welding Monday.

Nice every year I'm like will I get through emissions, such a ball ache. Least you dont have to worry about the mot for another year and just enjoy happy motoring miles.

Nice every year I'm like will I get through emissions, such a ball ache. Least you dont have to worry about the mot for another year and just enjoy happy motoring miles.
Yeah the tester fudged mine through emissions to be fair. I wanted him to test the rest of the car honestly though so I can get it bang on, I also think this helps the resale value at a later date too rather than getting lenient tests and letting things slide.

Started the running in today, switched to a different pre mix, whacked some fuel in and did my first tentative 25 miles or so, always a bit nerve wracking watching out for any obvious issues.

All seems well though despite me not lifting the rear up enough so scraped drivers side arch on tyre, chipped some paint off so will have to get body shop to sort when bumper gets sorted in a few weeks.

3853CD5C-18E0-43C3-866C-0009F25605A0.jpeg

Vital signs are good - oil, fuel pressure, coolants temps and AFRs etc. Will do some more miles tomorrow, I do love driving it but hard to stick to the running in rules haha

Started the running in today, switched to a different pre mix, whacked some fuel in and did my first tentative 25 miles or so, always a bit nerve wracking watching out for any obvious issues.

All seems well though despite me not lifting the rear up enough so scraped drivers side arch on tyre, chipped some paint off so will have to get body shop to sort when bumper gets sorted in a few weeks.

View attachment 27187

Vital signs are good - oil, fuel pressure, coolants temps and AFRs etc. Will do some more miles tomorrow, I do love driving it but hard to stick to the running in rules haha
The most boring miles ever...but will be worth it once its all completed and mapped.....than you can smash the throttle pedal and do some dragy runs :cool:

The most boring miles ever...but will be worth it once its all completed and mapped.....than you can smash the throttle pedal and do some dragy runs :cool:

Indeed, I’ve limited the ECU to 5500rpm, I make a small bit of boost but nothing major. I’m trying to mix up the RPM and load as much as possible rather than just cruising. Boost threshold is pretty decent though even on the big old Holset so do need to be a little careful.

I think due to the changes I’ll need to get Stu and Jay to go over the map properly before I can go balls deep with the Dragy.