I broke it quickly...And repeatedly...Chaste White Rebuild

Gutted to see this dude. Fingers crossed its an easy fix and you get back to many happy motoring miles in the fd.

Any idea what happened?

Not entirely sure, it was never quite right from beginning but It might of been something that I did. Need to wait for Stu to open it up and find out what the issue was.

Not entirely sure, it was never quite right from beginning but It might of been something that I did. Need to wait for Stu to open it up and find out what the issue was.

What do you feel was not right from the beginning?

My 2nd rebuilt engine had oil consumption issues right from the get go....due to that it caused my refurbed turbo to fail due to oil starvation. Later died after a mapping session on the drive back home. Tried to get on boost on the motorway...engine stuttered and shut down. Front rotor was dead. When Tim inspected and took it apart it looked like it det'd hard! Front housing and rotor was completely done for!

What do you feel was not right from the beginning?

My 2nd rebuilt engine had oil consumption issues right from the get go....due to that it caused my refurbed turbo to fail due to oil starvation. Later died after a mapping session on the drive back home. Tried to get on boost on the motorway...engine stuttered and shut down. Front rotor was dead. When Tim inspected and took it apart it looked like it det'd hard! Front housing and rotor was completely done for!

High oil consumption, poor hot and cold start, always smoked a bit too much even for a rotary and 4bar compression.

Front splitter and inner sills/kick plates have turned up, the quality is ok, not amazing but passable. Awaiting rear diffuser and waiting for Stu to open up engine and then fix it.

C5E9C7B8-B294-49F7-9681-4EED21940BEF.jpeg

Where’s the carbon from?

did Stu find out the cause of the issue? Good it’s getting fixed! 👍🏻

JJ Creations on Instagram, it’s ok, doubt I’d buy from there again. The weave is ok but you can see on the splitter if you look closely where the weaves meet in the corners, will be fine when on I am sure but nowhere near the quality of the OEM M3 carbon I bought a few months ago.

I have a rear diffuser coming from him soon too.

Still waiting on Stu’s diagnosis.

Heard back from Stu over the weekend. Engine is stripped, nothing catastrophic but just needed bedding in and running in much more than I did.

He’s going to reduce oil pressure a tad and put fresh seals, bearings etc etc back in and start again. This time I’ll make sure I do a proper running in job on the motor. Hoping to have it back early to mid Jan depending on Covid.

Heard back from Stu over the weekend. Engine is stripped, nothing catastrophic but just needed bedding in and running in much more than I did.

He’s going to reduce oil pressure a tad and put fresh seals, bearings etc etc back in and start again. This time I’ll make sure I do a proper running in job on the motor. Hoping to have it back early to mid Jan depending on Covid.
What oil pressure were you running for them to want to reduce it?

I was seeing around 110-120 psi around 3k rpm in 5th.
was your oil pressure sensor calibrated? I was seeing that too but when I calibrated mine it showed around 35-40psi around cruise and increased when on boost. I'm sure they know what they are doing but worth asking the question.

was your oil pressure sensor calibrated? I was seeing that too but when I calibrated mine it showed around 35-40psi around cruise and increased when on boost. I'm sure they know what they are doing but worth asking the question.
Yes all calibrated - was OE Link sensor too.