Seasucker bike racks

SiH

Anyone used one of these on an FD?
I'm not worried about their strength in general, as I know they are proven to be up to it, it's more whether they work with the FD, in particular the double bubble contours of the roof.
Ta!
Si

Hadn't seen those before, they look pretty decent. Which one are you looking at?

You need to post up pics of your FD with the bike mounted when you get one :D.

Yeah so I've been playing with this idea. Even went to my local bike shop to have a play.

So what I've learnt is that the panels are a no go. The side to side oscillation of the bikes will ripple and bend up the panels.

What you can do is put the main twin suckers on the rear glass, at the top and one "hold down" sucker on the rear of boot.

Or perhaps more sketchy, but put the main suckers at the top of the front windscreen and the hold down sucker as far back on the roof as you can. Depending on bike length, perhaps the rear glass

You can fit them in the car though. I race DH and practice in wales once or twice a month with the FD.

Last edited:
I like the sound of this, never heard of it. Iā€™ve looked numerous times for fd bike racks but never really found anything suitable.
Off to google

if you take your wheels, pedals and seat out you can fit a full dh bike in the back. The frames fit under the rear strut brace with the rear seats down. Lol

I'm looking at the Talon.
The bike's a large Enduro bike with a long wheelbase, so it doesn't fit, I've tried. Not without substantial ballache and a seatpost bleed!

Yeah so I've been playing with this idea. Even went to my local bike shop to have a play.

So what I've learnt is that the panels are a no go. The side to side oscillation of the bikes will ripple and bend up the panels.

What you can do is put the main twin suckers on the rear glass, at the top and one "hold down" sucker on the rear of boot.

Or perhaps more sketchy, but put the main suckers at the top of the front windscreen and the hold down sucker as far back on the roof as you can. Depending on bike length, perhaps the rear glass

You can fit them in the car though. I race DH and practice in wales once or twice a month with the FD.

I tried with the 3 main ones on the rear screen and down to the boot. Seems to work. Not keen on the roof idea as it flexes even looking at it lol

Which series do you race??

Where I'm Wales do you normally ride??

B1ke Mini DH series at the moment. Pop a few french nationals in there at some stage and combine it with holidays with the family. Odd one off races here and there.

So in wales. That would be black mountain for jumps. Bike park wales for general gnar. Revolution bike park for breaking collar bones.

B1ke Mini DH series at the moment. Pop a few french nationals in there at some stage and combine it with holidays with the family. Odd one off races here and there.

So in wales. That would be black mountain for jumps. Bike park wales for general gnar. Revolution bike park for breaking collar bones.

Cool. I was going to do a few this year but just going to travel about instead.

Keep meaning to get down to bmcc, looks mint. I go revs quite often, or try to.

Sorry si. Off tangent as usual, although still bike related lol

I live 5 mins from bike park wales

Does anyone own this sea sucker they could provide a few pics of it fitted various ways?
Iā€™d ideally like to be able to mount 2 bikes too.
Also sorry for hijacking si

Lol! Not hijacking at all!
I haven't seen any pictures of one fitted to an FD yet, I don't want to be the first to trust a rear window with a not-entirely-cheap toy!
My mate rides with a guy who sticks an SB130 to the top of a new m3 with one, but he obviously has substantially more cash to risk than I do :D

If I was on the road and suddenly lost my rear window and bike Iā€™d shit myself!
Now youā€™ve mentioned that, I donā€™t actually trust my 20yr old window seal all stretched and apart to hold a bike to it with force applied. Plus I donā€™t want to bend the roof so I guess this option is out.
Got me really excited when I seen it too as it can go between cars instead of forking out in loads of Thule accessories

5 mins from bpw. Lucky fdocer. Love that place

Tested at over 100mph,then got scared

IMG_20180827_204302_512.jpg