My haggard FD

It's not like Japan is a dry country either! You'd think Mazda would have made it a bit more waterproof. I'm thinking of just removing all boot plastics so at least I can see where water is coming in and sitting.

I find a huge amount of water runs into the boot, when I open the hatch rather than runs off.

Then there's huge amounts of condensation.

What should I look at as a fix?

Had a kink in a brake line, used it as an excuse to re-do my ABS delete. Tucked the lines underneath the lip on the firewall using clips.

B126F508-6B4D-4338-95A2-BE7666BB8B04.jpeg

Nice build, getting better all the time.
Did you find out what was causing so much current draw with your Walbro 450?
You must have been getting 13+v with a rewire, so was it a faulty/fake pump itself?

Nice build, getting better all the time.
Did you find out what was causing so much current draw with your Walbro 450?
You must have been getting 13+v with a rewire, so was it a faulty/fake pump itself?

Not really sure, pump was genuine and working fine. In all honesty it was a guess, I never actually put a meter on the pump, but changing to the Quantum and the wiring to the pump no longer gets hot.

Got a friendly local engineer to belt sand my v-band flange. Has made the leak better, but still not 100% so I guess I’ll just live with it. Fucking v-bands.

4399C45B-9698-4250-8210-F7C2A303444E.jpeg

That's exactly what I did with mine was belt sand both halves but then used a slither of exhaust paste as I couldn't get mine 100%. The stepped ones are the ones to get. Next time I make one that's what I'll use.

See your tailgate leak if its not your spoiler holes, it will be the seal between the tailgate and glass

Yeah, it definitely is. I cut a large strip out, filled it with Tiger Seal, stuck a universal strip on top and stuffed a rag between the metal skins. No more leak. At some point I need to paint the car so I'll use that opportunity to get a glass guy to replace the whole weatherstrip.

Got a friendly local engineer to belt sand my v-band flange. Has made the leak better, but still not 100% so I guess I’ll just live with it. Fucking v-bands.

View attachment 19725

Get yourself a V-band gasket Jack, its just a crush seal.

Might be worth the small punt on it.

Cheers! Seen those before in my many research sessions. Unfortunately I need a 2.75" gasket as my turbine housing is an odd size. I have tried making them out of copper but still no joy.

Just out of curiosity, is your turbine housing warped/used? I have a turbo that turns out to have a warped housing including a warped vband flange. Maybe you can have that sanded as well...mine is leaking and warped badly so I’m just going to replace my turbine housing and be done