My haggard FD

51BBD148-3C33-47FF-96F7-4B7D94A73F14.jpeg

Fittings from Tom at Advocult, good quality and a better price than Torques.

So I wasn’t really happy with how I’d done the fuel feed after changing the fuel filter, decided to put in a PTFE line from the pump to the hard line under the car:

Cut this shit up:
49CF5252-02A5-484D-B08D-A81F9007EE6C.jpeg

And then bolt this stuff on:
9DD162A2-C9A1-4EFC-ABE5-37092D3C631A.jpeg

Then the rain came so decided to call it a day.

Watch with heatshrink in tank. some of the glue type stuff desolves in the fuel and well you guess what happens,

As for vband I only use the self aligning ones with a step in them. they seal a treat :)

Keep up the good work man

Cheers Gav.

That heatshrink job was done earlier this year, so been a good few months in the fuel. I actually bought some proper diesel proof stuff thinking that it'd all be melted but it's all good. Those stepped v-bands are awesome, I have one on my midpipe, no cunt makes one that'll fit my turbine housing though :cry:.

Cheers Gav.

That heatshrink job was done earlier this year, so been a good few months in the fuel. I actually bought some proper diesel proof stuff thinking that it'd all be melted but it's all good. Those stepped v-bands are awesome, I have one on my midpipe, no cunt makes one that'll fit my turbine housing though :cry:.

whats your turbine housing? Marmon? I normaly cut the flanges off and weld on the stepped type :)

HKS/Garrett made, is marmon a type of cast steel? Getting a new flange welded on is plan C! Hoping a quick rub on a belt sander will get it to seal or I'll just buy a mask.

No. I took them out and siliconed them which seems to have done the job, but I’m getting water come in through the hatch still someow, the weatherstrip maybe.
Have a look at my build thread I fixed my leak too. I replaced those White clips with new ones and bonded them in, however, the leak isnt from there alone. The water trickles down behind the Rear Lights. The Rear Lights hook onto some plastic clips too and this is where the water finds its way in the most.

Ah, nice one cheers. I think I've definitely got multiple leaks, I removed all the hatch plastics to try and track it down and I consistently get water pooling between the metal skins.

It's not like Japan is a dry country either! You'd think Mazda would have made it a bit more waterproof. I'm thinking of just removing all boot plastics so at least I can see where water is coming in and sitting.