Copyninja Street FD - GT3 Build

Apologies for dredging this up but I’m after a set of these and would like to know how much of a reduction to ride height is achievable with them. Some websites state 15 mm reduction front and rear - is that correct from your experience? Other manufacturers such as Tein seem to confirm that their kits (eg mono streets) have a lot more flexibility on ride height adjustment than the ohlins!?
I believe over the oem setup the recommended ohlins setup is 15mm lower. It can however go far lower than that! I could go another 30mm+ lower or even stance nation if I really wanted but currently running the Ohlin's recommended setup. I hope this helps.

Finally got around to some high boost tuning today. Holding 20 PSI ~ 1.4 bar extremely well. The pull after 4krpm is incredibly strong and there is no let off until the next gear change....if the car had a DCT box the pull would be relentless! No idea on power/torque figures yet...no idea of dragy gps number yet either. Overall, very very happy with the new turbo and the tune.

The rest of the tune will be finalized when I get a chance to tweak it on a dyno. May even increase boost up to 1.7 bar if required. Quite keen to find out what the G35 1050 is doing at 1.4 bar compared to the older TO4Z.

12 PSI by 4300 rpm
12psi boost response.PNG

20psi by 5000rpm.
20psi boost response.PNG

Fairly safe tune for the road...and very consistent run after run. Called it a night here. Will get the final tune optimized on the dyno to dial in the final ign timings and afrs.
1633826088736.png

Last edited:
I believe over the oem setup the recommended ohlins setup is 15mm lower. It can however go far lower than that! I could go another 30mm+ lower or even stance nation if I really wanted but currently running the Ohlin's recommended setup. I hope this helps.
This is really helpful, thanks a lot! I don’t want stance nation but do want to have enough flexibility to get the car where I’d like.

Which wheel/tyre/offset are you using with the ohlins recommended setup, and have you had to do any arch work?

This is really helpful, thanks a lot! I don’t want stance nation but do want to have enough flexibility to get the car where I’d like.

Which wheel/tyre/offset are you using with the ohlins recommended setup, and have you had to do any arch work?
Im glad that was helpful.

I'm running 245 40 17s Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all around on Advan RG2 17x9 et35 square setup. My arches are rolled front and rear but I do not need them to be on this setup.

My plan is to focus more on suspension and brakes soonish. I note the Feed Rx7 if you keep up with the japs are running 295 30 18 square setup when doing their time attacks around the Touge and a 265/295 setup. That car only has 420hp but it flies around their track even after 2 decades. I may change out the springs on my Ohlins DFVs to 13kg swift springs. IIRC as per ohlins data and also Sake bomb garage the factory ohlins DFVS can handle 13kg springs without needing a rebuild to suit.

The rest of the tune will be finalized when I get a chance to tweak it on a dyno. May even increase boost up to 1.7 bar if required. Quite keen to find out what the G35 1050 is doing at 1.4 bar compared to the older TO4Z.

Sorry for not looking back through the thread but what are you initial observation between the T04z and the new G35 ? whats you bum dyno telling you and what is spool / the turbo charateristics like ?

Sorry for not looking back through the thread but what are you initial observation between the T04z and the new G35 ? whats you bum dyno telling you and what is spool / the turbo charateristics like ?
There's 2 ways to look at this.

Factually - The older TO4Z made 20psi of boost by 4krpm. The newer G35 1050 made 20psi by 5krpm. So it does spool 1krpm later than the older TO4Z. That being said the older turbo was fully optimized for boost response but I haven't done that just yet for the newer G35...so there may be some improvement here...potentially!

Subjectively - Butt dyno would suggest there is no difference that can be felt in terms of boost response or lack of torque down low. The G35 1050 feels as strong as the TO4z below 4krpm and on boost it feels like it pulls much harder and more effortlessly to 8krpm than the older turbo ever could.

There's 2 ways to look at this.

Factually - The older TO4Z made 20psi of boost by 4krpm. The newer G35 1050 made 20psi by 5krpm. So it does spool 1krpm later than the older TO4Z. That being said the older turbo was fully optimized for boost response but I haven't done that just yet for the newer G35...so there may be some improvement here...potentially!

Subjectively - Butt dyno would suggest there is no difference that can be felt in terms of boost response or lack of torque down low. The G35 1050 feels as strong as the TO4z below 4krpm and on boost it feels like it pulls much harder and more effortlessly to 8krpm than the older turbo ever could.
When you start chucking more timing at it it'll bring the boost in sooner for sure!

When you start chucking more timing at it it'll bring the boost in sooner for sure!
Looking to book a mainline pro hub dyno to dial in the ign map for the cruise and idle areas etc but not many of these floating about in the UK. Most dynos I've been to don't have a facility for steady state ign tuning which is a real pain. I've found 2 race shops who have these current gen dynos but no idea if they will allow me to book dyno time!

In the meantime I will also do a dragy gps run to verify real world results for the current tune.

Looking to book a mainline pro hub dyno to dial in the ign map for the cruise and idle areas etc but not many of these floating about in the UK. Most dynos I've been to don't have a facility for steady state ign tuning which is a real pain. I've found 2 race shops who have these current gen dynos but no idea if they will allow me to book dyno time!

In the meantime I will also do a dragy gps run to verify real world results for the current tune.
Greg at Pro Tuner recently installed a hub dyno, based in Coventry. Could be worth a call.

Got a new daily.
20211015_144415.jpg

Made a frugal update on the rx. Installed an Aem inline filter for the wmi system. Tested and everything works perfectly. One less point of failure to prevent the injector from getting clogged.

20211017_140753.jpg

Should get some dragy gps runs soon. Trying to get 60-130mph on high and low boost runs.

FD was dropped off to Mike at Stealth Performance early November to begin the underside restoration. Once it's done I have no doubt it will drive as good as new...hopefully better than new.
Screenshot_20211206-180603_Gallery.jpg

Mike didn't take long to get the suspension components off.
Screenshot_20211206-180016_WhatsApp.jpg

The underseal will be fully stripped to bare metal to inspect what the damage underneath is really like.

Screenshot_20211206-180240_WhatsApp.jpg

Mike advised to get the front discs changed asap as there were loads of micro cracks and a major crack which was very close to failure.
Screenshot_20211206-180453_WhatsApp.jpg

The plan was to powdercoat all suspension components but mike got them vapour blasted instead as most of the components were aluminium. They have come up like new or as good as new considering they are almost 30 years old.
Screenshot_20211206-180124_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20211206-180738_Gallery.jpg

Picked up a new banzai diff brace from @Ceylon
Screenshot_20211206-180054_WhatsApp.jpg

Got the Advan RG2 refurbed and they look amazing in the flesh. They are like new again. I'm so happy with how they've come out.
Screenshot_20211206-180704_Gallery.jpg

Overall the underside restoration is going very well. Hoping to have it finished by the end of the year.

Funny I read to pg2 on my lunch break and now popped back in on pg 14.

On pg 2 I saw certain death and dismay for the project - I'm chuffed for you there is a P14

aaalso on pg 2.... I just sold my m3, and that's made me feel quite emotional haha