[Apr 1, 2020] Spa Francorchamps - £319.00 (Belgium)

Are you interested in a FD:OC European summer road trip in 2020?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Roy, I'm 100% keen on this, will prob bring the Jag even if the FD is sorted by then for reliability reasons, much nicer tourer
I am tempted to say let's throw each other on our cars for temporary insurance cover and we can swap cars at various points on the trip. That way you also have a FD to drive and I can get comfy in the Jaaaaaaaaaaag.

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Announcement

Provisional 2020 track days for Spa are now available

19 March or 20 March - £249

31 March or 1st paril - TBD

19 October or 20 October - £329

There are summer dates but they are £500.

JoeLanger

Official FDOC Track Day Ballast
Event Organiser
I'm unavailable (and need to be home) between 23rd - 27th March.
So I could make the march dates but depends what the rest of the trip looks like.
October would be easier for me (y)

jdmr_neil

Well, you better PM me your schedule next summer when you know it! I'll do my best to make sure we aren't scheduling a trip when you are off playing around in the middle of the ocean.
Mate i don't have a schedule....... i wish!! Just go with a majority date and if i can make it ill do what i always do and go last minute.

I can't plan shit until i settle down a bit

MightyCondor

UK
Still interested in Spa. I guess the rest of the itinerary is to be agreed, but if it's going to be longer and involve other destinations, I would suggest putting the track day at the end, given the increased likelihood of breakdowns on track.

FYI the early March and October dates are with Circuit Days who offer a £50 discount if booked before 01/01/2020. They will go up from the price advertised next year.

They offer £30 discount on UK trackdays and £100 discount on the 'ring also.

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
FYI the early March and October dates are with Circuit Days who offer a £50 discount if booked before 01/01/2020. They will go up from the price advertised next year.

They offer £30 discount on UK trackdays and £100 discount on the 'ring also.
So, is that £50 off the prices I quoted or are those discounts already baked in?

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Ok, not seeing a lot of appetite for Spa so perhaps we swap that for a Euro road trip to and from the Nurburgring with drives to certain sites along the way there and back in a few different interesting places?

jdmr_neil

Spa would have have been my choice, never had any interest in doing the ring, its too bloody long.

Spa unfortunately is expensive but i think you would get what you paid for.

What about Zolder, or Autódromo Internacional do Algarve - I know that's a long, long drive.. But I have to tell you its a cracking track, I had a thrash around it in a 718 Cayman GTS and the circuit is fantastic and the location is just amazing, it has one of the best go-kart circuits I've ever seen too.

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
What about Zolder, or Autódromo Internacional do Algarve - I know that's a long, long drive.. But I have to tell you its a cracking track, I had a thrash around it in a 718 Cayman GTS and the circuit is fantastic and the location is just amazing, it has one of the best go-kart circuits I've ever seen too.
I'd personally be just as happy doing Spa as a track in Portugal or Spain. I assume we could actually get a ferry down to say the South of France, Spain or Portugal and construct a scenic drive to the circuit you mention? The mountains in Portgual and Southern Spain are great to drive through as well.