Matt

Admin
Real Name
Matt Jasek
The results from the TGS dyno day are in! On Saturday 26th May FDOC’ers got together to talk all things rotary and test their cars performance.
dyno.jpg

This years dyno day standings are:

– Steven Collins – 432HP / 537NM
– Matt Jasek – 366HP / Un classed

– Shaun Wilmer – 351HP / 459NM

– Roy Clark – 333HP / 442NM

– Alan Harper – 315HP / 380NM

2.jpg

I’m sure everyone will be looking to make some improvements for next year. A big thanks to Roy (cib24) for setting this event up and traveling so far on a bank holiday.
I’d also like to thank Craig (Topgears) and the rest of TGS Tuning for hosting the event.
Can you top the charts next year?

Continue reading...

Sucks to be propping the table up there, but given the massive boost leak it's not surprising. Anyway it gave me the impetus to get that fixed, boost controller setup, and remapped by Jaydee. Car flys now so looking forward to the next dyno day 👍

@MightyCondor at least it makes getting the best improvement award easier :)

Glad you've got the car sorted, I want to see over the 400 mark again so i'll be getting it remapped before the next dyno day. Be good to see how everyone gets on next time (y)

Sucks I'm missing close to 100bhp out of what the car should be running. Finally found why my car is peeing coolant, there is a weld defect in one of the end tank welds. Looking to get it welded up tomorrow. Have to do some more major research in to improving a cold air feed !

Sucks I'm missing close to 100bhp out of what the car should be running. Finally found why my car is peeing coolant, there is a weld defect in one of the end tank welds. Looking to get it welded up tomorrow. Have to do some more major research in to improving a cold air feed !

Whys it so down on power mate?

Whys it so down on power mate?

Biggest guess is the filter is ingesting air thats too hot and the ecu is dropping the boost to protect the engine (running a Linkecu G4). Didn't really see it on pips dyno because it was tuned with the bonnet up, so the air filter was pulling cooler air.

I will add my excuse too! Arrived with 100+ C water and oil temps from being stuck in epic traffic for nearly 7 hours...AITs in the 70s when the pulls started so don't think I made the power I should have and the transition looked lazy. Still, on that Dyno I might have only seen an extra 20 bhp.

Still, weird how on the Dyno I made 330bhp and 330 lb ft when rotaries never Dyno with high torque compares to hp.

On the very same type of dyno ( dyno developments) my car to read great tq figures. 390bhp and 370tq @1bar. Also the spool was quite lazy in comparison.

Is just different dynos/ operators/ conditions mate. Pinch of salt mate.

Biggest guess is the filter is ingesting air thats too hot and the ecu is dropping the boost to protect the engine (running a Linkecu G4). Didn't really see it on pips dyno because it was tuned with the bonnet up, so the air filter was pulling cooler air.

Maybe somthing like the vented RE headlights would benefit your set up mate, get some cold air in the bay!

May even end up reducing the width of the rad and pulling air from behind the intercooler and ducting it straight to the turbo with a panel filter built into the duct.

Still making my mind up really. The size of the intercooler and the rad have stopped an easy route to get cool air in. The old setup had smaller stuff but it had a lot of cool air getting in to the engine bay.

Another thought I've had is the traction control was left on ! Didn't have my laptop on the day, should have logged the runs. Will have a proper look once I get my radiator back.

Well I've been doing some investigating and my wastegate diaphragm was pinched and the spring was way too light.

When I was resealing my exhaust I found my driveshaft CV boots where shot (good old snail trails) and now the turbo is leaking at the manifold ! Put a new diaphragm in and swapped the spring out for a 0.4bar spring. Need to sort the leak out with a new gasket and then do some logging of the boost without boost control !