I broke it quickly...And repeatedly...Chaste White Rebuild

I think what Jaydee is trying to say is not going down well with your tuning knowledge mate. I guess, you can shed some light on tuning comps at different temps and at different load levels.

Errors and overbooking in mapping world is "not" new and there is no possibility for engine being hurt before his draggy runs (Post 353 above). However, there is a possibility that, his engine was fine prior to draggy runs.... - counter arguments, probably suggestion in response to a suggestion?!

I would suggest that, since his Boost levels were down 5 to 6psi, he pulled 3.7 making only 395rwhp, would that suggestion be OK?

If you are looking for an accurate hp at the wheels, I am afraid, that data can only be found in the tyre shop (when they balance and align wheels on that machine which has a plastic tub on top) as there will always be that argument that, that was a butt dyno and that was an over zealous dyno etc...

Its nice to see people helping each other by offering to read data (Post 350 above), however, I dont understand why you thought that, the way you would read data would make tons of difference as oppose to the person who is the architect of that very data?! I am only saying that, because Mark never asked for help for reading his engine logs. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say mate!

In coda, what I am trying to get is, mapping and engine building is an art and skill and it takes years to refine that art as oppose to gaining that very art/knowledge/skill through Internet.

I appreciate that, you are learning mapping - good on you. However, to become a succeeful mapper you need to start holding a spanner, 54mm socket and learn to wash engine part infront of the kerosene oil 🛢.

Cheers
Mir

Last edited:
Engine is out, off to Stu to investigate. If anyone wants helps removing a 13B get in touch, I am getting good at it.

The silver lining with all of this is you get to learn so much about the car as you are working on it and spannering yourself ultimately making you more self sufficient along the way. I’ve noticed a few little things in the engine bay that I can improve.

I think in 2hrs I can get it out and likely the same getting it all back together, I can appreciate how it can be much more stressful for people who have to rely on others for that side of it and of course the additional labour cost.

I’ve learnt a lot from Jay & Stu too and although I’d like to avoid throwing buckets of cash at the car I actually quite enjoy the hobby of it and developing the full package to ultimately make it more reliable in the long term.

I think what I’m trying to say is there’s no point stressing, just fix it, improve it and enjoy. 👌

Oh and we have a new puppy, his name is Nelson. My daughter is loving him.

B25DC18D-0AC6-4FB9-B8EB-F77D85CA0E78.jpeg
833C4201-ED6C-4BC8-9493-69E5156A969F.jpeg

BC6DE438-7EDE-44CE-85F8-A9081D21A3B3.jpeg

All seriousness aside: I see the problem here, you're missing a rotor... I only see 2 in your picture. I'm pretty sure your turbo wants 3? It was so disgusted in the fact you only feed it air from 2 chambers that it decided to wait until higher RPM's to overboost and cook your seals. Make your Turbo happy and feed it a 20B. 💋 💋

All seriousness aside: I see the problem here, you're missing a rotor... I only see 2 in your picture. I'm pretty sure your turbo wants 3? It was so disgusted in the fact you only feed it air from 2 chambers that it decided to wait until higher RPM's to overboost and cook your seals. Make your Turbo happy and feed it a 20B. 💋 💋
Can you buy me a 20B please? ;-)

Whilst my engine is away getting fixed I’ve sent one of my HX50s off to be rebuilt with a slightly larger compressor wheel of 76mm compared to the current 67mm, keen to see how this changes things.

I would expect a little reduction in spool but should flow much better overall. Not too concerned as despite the HX50 being rather beefy as it is the log has shown it can hit 24psi by 4300rpm. I’d give up a bit of spool for additional top end flow.

05C7CF57-1233-4D2D-A047-427CB0E67D33.jpeg

Those Regamaster are gorgeous mate, where did you pick them up from? What's the score with the rotor, is that out of your engine?
They just popped up on Facebook and I had to snap them up, just got lucky which is strange as ever since I’ve had nothing but shit luck.

The engine is with Stu and is now in bits, evidence of detonation on rear rotor as per the picture above. The Goopy seals were bent slightly but luckily the rest of the engine is all good. So new rotor, freshly balanced to suit rotating assembly. New bearings, seals etc and we go again. Not sure on timeline but October would be good, we will see.