Blyton Park
Friday, August 20, 2021 - 09:00 AM
Until: Friday, August 20, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Was a great day shame i wasnt in the rx7 but got my moneys worth on the track with the honda 😂 whats a good time? My best was 1.20.
Was nice to meet you all and put faces to names and thanks for getting it organised 👍

Was a great day shame i wasnt in the rx7 but got my moneys worth on the track with the honda 😂 whats a good time? My best was 1.20.
Was nice to meet you all and put faces to names and thanks for getting it organised 👍

I'd say 1.20 is a good time for the Honda. For comparison I was doing 1.19s in the RX-8 and have done 1.16s in prior years in my last FD.

I was doing 1.15 -1.16 in my fd at blyton when i was last there so a 1.20 is certainly a good time.

I got a 20 min tuition session first time out and it gave some really good pointers and brake markers.

Thanks to the organisers. Had a great day and it was a pleasure meeting those who attended.

Roy gave me a few pointers when I took him out (thanks again!) and I managed a best lap of 1.20, although I had to slow right down at the drive-by noise limit tester! First time at Blyton and first time on track with this FD. Such a blast!

Thanks to the organisers. Had a great day and it was a pleasure meeting those who attended.

Roy gave me a few pointers when I took him out (thanks again!) and I managed a best lap of 1.20, although I had to slow right down at the drive-by noise limit tester! First time at Blyton and first time on track with this FD. Such a blast!
Roy gave you pointers..... 😂😂😂

Did it relate to your paintwork?!

Glad you had a good time though, wish mine was ready I'd of certainly attended.

Didn't know we were timing. Do you take the times off a video?
Racebox hidden in the Glovebox with external antenna on the dash. Awesome bit of kit very accurate and user friendly.

Screenshot_20210821-223946.jpg

Having posted that, I've now discovered that the Racebox used a different start/finish position compared to the one I've used previously. Given that I was only driving one hot lap, followed by a cool down in the afternoon due to damaged undertray, it made quite a difference to my times as Racebox has recorded me starting a lap while I'm still driving slowly. Explains why I seemed to be getting slower times in the afternoon.

So having exported the data into Circuit Tools, I actually have a best of 1.18.88 in the RX-8 using the following start line:
1629624491468.png

Morning all. Those who attended the track day on Friday - outbreak of covid at my child's school on Thursday last week (we were told last night). My household began to feel unwell on Saturday. I've just done a test and it's positive.
Please test yourselves and self isolate where required.

Not sure if I've posted this in the most suitable place. Admin can moderate?