Matt

Admin
Real Name
Matt Jasek
BBC One are looking for an RX7 owner to feature on the programme ‘Ill Gotten Gains’ which is a documentary series following regional organised crime units and police forces as they take down Britain’s criminals by seizing their assets and selling them at auction.
They recently filmed the auction of an RX7 seized by the police and are keen to interview an RX7 owner who can tell them a little more about what makes these cars desirable to steal and get a few shots of them in their own vehicle showing off what it can do.
If possible they’re looking for a member in the London area however they are also willing to travel if needed.
If you are interested please contact Lizzie on 07890 394589

Continue reading...

Are they on crack lol. They’re not desirable to steal
1f602.svg
probably break down during the police chase
1f648.svg

The one that was nicked looks to have some expensive parts on tbf. It's bright pink mind so i'm not sure why anyone would take that one! :ROFLMAO:

I'll post pictures if I get permission (y)

Last edited:
Not sure I'm that happy with this tbh. Will this not just make dumbass crims who watch the show think the can make a killing stealing someone's fd. When in reality as just says they will either break down blowing it or just smash it.

I'm with you on this, id not make a big deal over it.. less attention to these cars please... as i'm already paranoid leaving my car on the drive at night.

Smatter with pink vehicles @Matt? I think my truck is quite fetching 😂
I'm with everyone else.... id rather go nick a focus st and apparently quite easy judging by how many get nicked!

IMAG1079.jpg

Or maybe someone can go on there and downplay the cars saying that they don’t work and only a muppet would try and nick one because it’ll either break down or that the community is so small it would be impossible to move the parts on 😂

Or maybe someone can go on there and downplay the cars saying that they don’t work and only a muppet would try and nick one because it’ll either break down or that the community is so small it would be impossible to move the parts on 😂

This is the best plan, fd's are shit and worthless 👍

I think It's cool for the Fd to get attention and be put center stage 20 years on, if not for it's actual merits as a car..
I'm with the majority on this briging bad attetion to our cars tho.

I can't help wondering just how many Fd's actually get stolen for this to be a feature? I mean one nice one getting stolen and recovered hardly makes it an object of organised crime?
Reminds me of the time the Driftworks s15 (I think) was stolen and spotted numerous times untill eventually found - don't see them making a thing of stolen drift cars?

I'd understand if it was BMW X5s or something along those lines, we had a recall on untill I left at BWM to reprogram X5s as they were/are ridiculously easy to steal, and worth it.. ( straight to east europe as we all know)

Main question is do they pay??:ROFLMAO:

Nah they just reckon you'd be happy with your 2 minutes of fame.

Yeah stealing an FD isn't the best idea. Selling parts on will be a nightmare as the community is so small even if selling abroad.

The most concerning thing for me is someone breaking into the garage and taking the turbo off for example, all the tools are there and it can be sold off pretty quick.

Nah they just reckon you'd be happy with your 2 minutes of fame.

Yeah stealing an FD isn't the best idea. Selling parts on will be a nightmare as the community is so small even if selling abroad.

The most concerning thing for me is someone breaking into the garage and taking the turbo off for example, all the tools are there and it can be sold off pretty quick.

Sod them then..

Thats a good and quite scary point, again, most of the serious car crime exports or strips for parts, I take that as showing the people that do this are good with tools maybe ex technitians, and also know the used parts market well, again bringing me back to the luxury/current model thing.

I mean how quickly and easily would a then used turbo such as yours sell compared to say BMW and Merecdes parts, theres deffo a bigger market for the latter?

Hopefully we'll all be fine, this feels like bad karma now lol