Start: Monday, August 3, 2020 - 09:00 AM
End: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - 05:00 PM

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Alright, this event is lining up. Can I ask all of those in this thread to add your name to the list if you are thinking of attending this road trip weekend?

Also, can you formally RSVP at the top of the page? There are options for yes, no and maybe.

1. @cib24

Spendyrx

Ovis Aries Penetrator
Farmville
Real Name
Sheep Shagger
Alright, this event is lining up. Can I ask all of those in this thread to add your name to the list if you are thinking of attending this road trip weekend?

Also, can you formally RSVP at the top of the page? There are options for yes, no and maybe.

1. @cib24
  2. Spendy

MightyCondor

UK
Bumping this. I've already booked the time off work given that I had applied for (and now got) a secondment at work that means I'll be doing month end accounting. Ready to book when anyone else is.

Reactions: Spendyrx

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Yes, I have booked off work as well. Happy to get this rolling further if a few others are ready to commit some coin.

Reactions: Spendyrx

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
Hey guys, I've called up the two hotels that I suggested to get a quote for 6 people. Both hotels would provide 2 twin rooms and 2 single rooms. Here is the cost breakdown:

The George Borrow Hotel - 1st August

Twin rooms: £90 per room
Single rooms: £62 per room

£304 for four rooms for 6 people.

The Anglesey Arms Hotel - 2nd August to 4th August

Twin rooms: £164 per room
Single rooms: £132 per room

£592 for four rooms for 6 people.

You do have to pay up front but the rooms are free to cancel 48-72 hours prior to the booking date.

Reactions: MightyCondor

JoeLanger

Official FDOC Track Day Ballast
Event Organiser
yeah I'm happy to share a room with someone,
I imagine me and @Matt would meet at the George Borrow Hotel rather than the brecon beacons

That's the itinerary on post #18 right?

Can we get the hotel to collect payment from individuals rather than collect money, if we make the booking but pay by a certain date?

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
London
Real Name
Roy
yeah I'm happy to share a room with someone,
I imagine me and @Matt would meet at the George Borrow Hotel rather than the brecon beacons

That's the itinerary on post #18 right?

Can we get the hotel to collect payment from individuals rather than collect money, if we make the booking but pay by a certain date?
It all seems to be money up front or at least a holding deposit on the booking card.

So, if we're going to commit we need to commit to paying some cash very soon or we won't find hotels closer to the time. Both of these hotels were already 1/2 to 2/3 booked. .

MightyCondor

UK
So, if we're going to commit we need to commit to paying some cash very soon or we won't find hotels closer to the time. Both of these hotels were already 1/2 to 2/3 booked. .
Agreed, we should start booking. Looks like we've got decent numbers at least from Snowdonia onwards, so may as well at least get Anglesey and the track day confirmed.