7/7/18 south wales

Which route?

• Full route, brecon to builth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Short route, brecon to merthyr

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brilliant. If I start slipping into it please note: I'm not taking the piss just really shit at accents and is the only one I can do decent enough ?

Haha brilliant ? I think it's only the west Country folk that don't take offence on people doing their accents ?

I'm keen for this, hopefully getting my FD on friday! Based in Bridgend. Will be nice to see some more FD's, didn't realise there were so many nearby!
Happy days. Shame Owen don't have his no more. Hes from Bridgend, just opposite the Sarn services back end by the lights!
Good stuff. Just read a post on your car. Sounds a good one fair play! Hopefully we'll see you there too!
As I say, the spin is optional, anyone can do any bits of the route, whichever suits! come and go as you please ?

Happy days. Shame Owen don't have his no more. Hes from Bridgend, just opposite the Sarn services back end by the lights!
Good stuff. Just read a post on your car. Sounds a good one fair play! Hopefully we'll see you there too!
As I say, the spin is optional, anyone can do any bits of the route, whichever suits! come and go as you please ?

Got the car now, going well but I've missed placed (the only!) immobiliser key, so it's a driveway ornament at the moment haha Trying to see if I can get a new fob ordered and coded, if not first job is alarm removal.
I come into Swansea quite often so may see you around before 7/7

I think my car maybe in until 7/7 😣 got some boost issues and also Im gonna change my mid pipe and wheels back over but if I'm about I'll give you a shout 👍 if not then I'll see you at 7s day. I'll try organise a convoy!

Brilliant 😆 the more the merrier. Which leads me to........

What's everyone's idea of driving style?
I'm a proper granny driver so when I do the route if everyone just wants to do their own thing and I'll try set up some meeting points for pics on the way then I'm happy with that! I thought of this when on the way back from combe last weekend as @Simaroon hit warp speed going past leidelamere 😂

Brilliant 😆 the more the merrier. Which leads me to........

What's everyone's idea of driving style?
I'm a proper granny driver so when I do the route if everyone just wants to do their own thing and I'll try set up some meeting points for pics on the way then I'm happy with that! I thought of this when on the way back from combe last weekend as @Simaroon hit warp speed going past leidelamere 😂

Has he vtec’d his FD? 🏎🏎🏎😂

Sounds like you boys will have a good meet

I dare say the dartford one will be a more formal affair 😂

Haha I'm a fuel saver 😂 3/4 of a tank to combe from swansea, about 6 laps of the track and back 😂
Well as I say, I'll put up some meeting points if I can find some and if anyone just wants to go for it and have funny 5 mins then we can regroup and go again 😆

OK gang I'm finalising this.......
Meet at sainsbury in Newport at 11
Head away from there around 1
I've added a few maps, I hope they're clear enough for everyone.
Basically it's up through pontypool to Brynmawr, onto heads of the valleys road and up the hill, stay in left lane and off to Ebbw Vale, up onto llangynidr moors, down into Crickhowell, croas country to link with a40, follow that into brecon, head towards hay on wye, off at the builth turning, left at the pub, follow up to builth, head towards rhyader, up to the newbridge turning, down to beulah, right at the bottom, onto the sugar loaf, down to llandovery, left at llandovery! This bit is up to other people....
I'm happy going to sennybridge but if people heading back to swansea wanna do black mountain then say now! If not then I'll head towards senny and onto the crai!
Hope this is all good lads! Not sure if anyone wants any stops in between or at the end? If you do, say now and I'll sort something! If not then we'll go for a spin!

I may add a stop or 2 between now and 7th as I'm sure we all want some nice scenic photos with a few fds all out at the same time, I'll keep looking at the he maps and try find somewhere 👍

Hopefully the maps are in the right order of the route lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-25-54.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-25-54.png
    575.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-30-02.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-30-02.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-31-12.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-31-12.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-31-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-31-56.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-34-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-34-30.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-39-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-22-39-05.png
    229 KB · Views: 219
If that's what people would rather dean then I'm happly doing that as the a470 is a nice drive too. Just voice it now 👍

Oh I suppose I better add the important bit!

NP20 5NL is the postcode of sainsbury.

Heading west is off a j25a it's the slip just before tunnels.

Heading east is off at j26 head southbound to the roundabout and then you gotta double back on yourself and up onto the dual. Bit of a faf but is easy enough!

Good effort Nige!

I think I’d head back towards Merthyr from brecon 👍🏻 I drive those roads most days in work and is where I’d usualy go for a drive in the rx7 so not much novelty there for me.

Some stopping points kind of on your route, the lamb and flag in Abergavenny for a drink/ stop whatever and decent size carpark out front,
Also storey arms between brecon and Merthyr has some big ass lay-bys but could be too busy.