The Ring 2020

Cr33ch

Bristol
Real Name
Alex
Lol nothing is free at the ring.

BASE FEE FOR ATTENDANCE OF ARMCO TRUCK – €150
REMOVING DAMAGED ARMCO – €10/METRE (X2 OR X3 OR X4 FOR MULTIPLE-HEIGHT SECTIONS)
REPLACEMENT ARMCO – €31/METRE (X2 OR X3 FOR DOUBLE/TRIPLE HEIGHT)
REMOVING DAMAGED ARMCO POSTS – €5.10 EACH
REPLACING ARMCO POST – €39 EACH
SAFETY CAR ATTENDANCE – €82 PER 30 MINS (CAR AND TWO PEOPLE)
CIRCUIT CLOSURE FROM – €1,350 PER HOUR
RECOVERY TRUCK FROM – €600 (INC VAT)

4packet

Recovery is free?
On a track day, yes it's included. Not TF obviously. You will still be billed for circuit damage, but that is the same in the UK.

My pal took his V10 M5 (in that previous video). As he was queueing to exit on the final lap of the day the SMG gearbox failed (slave cylinder I believe) and it locked in gear. Had to be lifted with a sling to recover, but there was no charge.

Reactions: rageness

rageness

Makes sense, I wondered as I go every year and I had to be towed off once when my power steering belt snapped and pulled out my cam sensor mid high speed corner. Ended up mounting the grass to park up. No damage, but £180 towing fee...

4packet

I had to be picked up in the Supra once when a tyre exploded through Kesselchen during a TF day. That was 180Euros from memory. I had ADAC membership, which apparently when they were on duty would be included as part of your breakdown service. Of course it was another company operating that day, so had to pay along with some marshal flag waving time and about 30 euros for the admin to print the invoice. Wasn't bitter about the last line item at all!

The last time we did a TF day my pal spun his M3 at Kesselchen. Ignoring the barrier charge, the recovery company billed him for about 700euros. He haggled to closer to 500 for cash. Bill was made up of the base recovery, cleaning leaking fluids on the truck and then their storage facility, towing the car to an actual garage & 2 separate visits to see the car (which was actually just one, but 2 of us looked at it). Be nice if they were more upfront about the cost, otherwise it just seems like a scam. The M5 last week was simply taken to a helpful garage, rather than being held ransom at a random holding facility.

giryan

What does your car need these days?
Primarily head lights, the drivers side high beam doesn't work.
But I'd like to get things like the stereo sorted, and the battery mount is kinda ropey, I'd like it much more secure.
Then I do have longer term ideas of a half cage etc, making it some what more of a track car, but not really sure, Will have to see how much I can get sorted over winter :)