Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCP Magic kitted - Bridgeport track car project.

Latest posts

Yeah it’s a bit of a shit show init.
Just the way it seems to be. It was the same in skyline world good people and bad people who talk the talk but when things start going wrong there’s zero accountability. Unfortunately it takes a few people in the community getting stung before people become wise.

Iv been unfortunate to come across a few of these people, Iv managed to get my money back previously through creative methods. But this situation is abit more complex as it was the previous owner that had all the work done that’s caused the issue so I think I have to let this one go.

It’s not deterred me, it just means the 6k I put aside for a new turbo kit is going to go towards the engine rebuild. Will just run it for a year with the old turbo until funds replenish then carry on with the plan.
 
Just the way it seems to be. It was the same in skyline world good people and bad people who talk the talk but when things start going wrong there’s zero accountability. Unfortunately it takes a few people in the community getting stung before people become wise.

Iv been unfortunate to come across a few of these people, Iv managed to get my money back previously through creative methods. But this situation is abit more complex as it was the previous owner that had all the work done that’s caused the issue so I think I have to let this one go.

It’s not deterred me, it just means the 6k I put aside for a new turbo kit is going to go towards the engine rebuild. Will just run it for a year with the old turbo until funds replenish then carry on with the plan.

Yeah it seems to be any of the more niche car cultures that tend to have less people overall working on them where issues are so visible.

it’s annoying since the experience you’ve had with vendors is essentially opposite my experience which just makes things infinitely worse for everyone!
 
I’m surprised colum was happy to get it run and dynoed with someone else other then stu and Jay they’re normally his go to for that stuff
Don’t let mark hear that, he had I think at least one engine pop with that proposed set up.

Really though I think it’s not outside the realms of possibility that accidents can/do happen everywhere
 
Last edited:
Don’t let mark hear that, he had I think at least one engine pop with that proposed set up.

Really though I think it’s not outside the realms of possibility that accidents can/do happen everywhere
This is spot on, accidents happen and mistakes are made, especially with heavily modified cars. It’s how the garage handles those situations after that is the real eye opener as to their reputation and repeat business.
 
Oh yeah 100% shit happens we’ve all been there one way or another 🤣I’m in the remapping game for the German bits and stuff can happen out of control
 
Paid for the rebuild parts so just waiting on Col getting them and then I can stick it back in.

It’s put a significant dent into my car upgrade funds so I may end up just putting it back together as is with the big turbo and side exit exhaust and running it like that for abit.

That been said if someone is interested in my turbo kit then I will still sell it.
 
Paid for the rebuild parts so just waiting on Col getting them and then I can stick it back in.

It’s put a significant dent into my car upgrade funds so I may end up just putting it back together as is with the big turbo and side exit exhaust and running it like that for abit.

That been said if someone is interested in my turbo kit then I will still sell it.
Get it running and enjoy it for a bit mate. Can always tinker at a later date with turbo etc.
 
Back
Top