My engine is out.. Now what?

Step 1: Call Ceylon and tell him you will put him up in your home for a few weekends and feed him, give him beer and provide a clean bed to sleep in.

Step 2: Work on the car with Ceylon showing you what to do.

:p

What I would personally do is.....if you're staying with twins and intend to then now is the time to either rebuild them or get a built/good pack on! You're talking a few hundred quid labour to have them pulled off or even a good few hours and blood and sweat and swearing getting them off with engine out! Personally I'd just slap the other engine in and just say fuck it with comp test! If it's freshly built then chances are you're not gonna see the full comp until around 8k in anyway! Rebuild that other engine yourself or at least get the fu ker open and familiarise yourself with it! The rebuild is a piece of piss! I'd never rebuilt any engine before I done mine! I had a mechanic mate who'd not ever worked in a rotary before and we built it together but I conside him a fuckiing cowboy after working a few years redoing his bodgy shit ut I can't knock him really as he gave me the confidence to work on any car......like dean has the FEAR... I don't get that no more. I just say fuck it and crack on no matter what!
Also it's worth redoing rats nest lines and check valves! Maybe check fuel lines, if you're getting shot of air pump then you can get blank plates for the air pump shit buried by the lim! The list is endress really! Personally I'd loom at your twins first though!

You can compression test an engine, you just need a gearbox belhousing, a starter motor, jump leads, and some way of holding the motor still/solid.

I'd be happy to come help but you're prob a little far from me. @jdmr_neil might be closer! maybe we could turn it into a big FDOC Piss up!

I normally just remember how I take stuff off but you've not got that luxury, unfortunately if you can't find anyone local you'll just have to rely on google image pictures of FD engine bays!
If it's just ancillarires and you're mechanically minded then you should be able to figure it out fairly quickly, it does all bolt together after all.

I'm only 40 miles north of your and happy to help with any twin turbo/ single turbo issues/ building etc. I don't have a compression tester or anything but i have had fds for quite some time.

Always happy to help đź‘Ť

I personally would not attempt to do it yourself. Especially as you’re asking for a step by step. I’ve got a good idea what to do with these engines and I’m still not confident enough to do it myself. You make one mistake or don’t check tolerances correctly and you’ll wish you’d saved time and money getting an expert to do it. Pay someone to do it for you. Stu at rotortorque would get my vote. But do your research on any builder before you take it to them.

Hope this post doesn’t sound condescending I’m just trying to help advise. 👍🏻