By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.
SignUp Now!
Have to say a big thanks to the RX8OC to be fair, organisation was spot on. As were the bacon baps!A big thanks to Matt for taking the lead on this and working with me, behind the scenes for the past few months, to get the FDOC stand size and position sorted as part of the combined 55th event at Combe. I was pleased that we were able to accommodate all requests (I think?) to get your gorgeous FD's out onto the parade lap!
Your stand was awesome guys, with your stunning display of cars
This germ of an idea started waaay back in around August 2021, when Dan, one of the RX-8 OC committee, mentioned it was the 55th Anniversary and that led to the idea of doing something special at JDM Combe, even before the date was announced! Late in 2021 we contacted Mazda UK and the JDM Combe events team. Many months of planning then ensued, liaising with other clubs and individuals to make this event happen.
So, I am so pleased, and, lets be honest, relieved that it went pretty smoothly and everyone seemed to be having a good day.
I spent most of my time walking around and chatting to as many people as I could. However, the day seemed to go so fast that I now realise I still didn't manage to catch everyone, and some conversations where briefer than I would have wished. My apologies to those people I didn't manage to see, or had to dash off prematurely to deal with some organisational issues.
The parade lap was certainly a highlight for me. From my position in the middle of the pack in my RX-8**, I had a brilliant view of cars forwards and in the rear view mirror, as well as some of your fabulous FD's to my right.
Another highlight was the timeline display, with a glorious collection of 55 years of Mazda rotary heritage.
A sincere and huge thankyou to everyone who supported this event, to make it what it became. The sight of the combined rotary club stands will live long in the memory. I think our presence make an impact on the visiting crowds which, to me though, didn't seem anywhere near as big as in previous years?
Special thanks has to go to Kees, along with his wife Laura, who left their home in Holland at midnight on Friday to catch the Eurotunnel train to transport his very special Cosmo 110s to the show, arriving spot on time
Finally, I was chuffed to learn the RX-8 OC had won "Club of the Show" award.
**I should have been there in my '85 RX-7 FB, but that's another story.
View attachment 32618
Just glad you were able to get back into a useable shape!Getting my wing painted again this weekend after pulling it out getting off the hill. Need to look for more suitable parking next time. Hahaha
Yeah it didn't look too bad considering it was done with molelies, a hammer and extension bars lol will raise it 10mm I think.Just glad you were able to get back into a useable shape!