Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDM Combe Saturday 9th July, 2022

Latest posts

JDM Combe Saturday 9th July, 2022
Posted by Sturneyrx7
Castle Combe Circuit
Saturday, July 9, 2022 - 07:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 9, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Good News guys!

We had allocated a large number of parade spaces to another club on the basis they said they were bringing 60 cars. Turns out they are only bringing 15, so can't use all their allocation. So EVERYONE the FD:OC list, including the reserves, can go out on the parade lap at 12.45pm, a total of 15 places :)

We've got 137 cars on the combined rotary stands !

Parade Lap Selection is as follows:

Sturneyrx7
Stecollins_94
GeorgeDove
Martin17
Blaghurst
Chris.FD
NoiseyNelly
MazdaPowered
Terry06
AndyD1969
Lambert.FD
FrazUK
Ketty995
Luke (Hardy) Smith
Joeybratten
Boom! That's great news!
 
Hi there - only just seen this. Is it too late to book? (I realize I'm well out of the early-bird discount!)
 
Unfortunately I am going to have to bow out. My wife tested postive for COVID yesterday, and even though I am testing negative my mum (who I was going to be staying with) is having cancer treatment and it isn't worth the risk.

Have a great time guys, I'd have loved to have made it.
 
Unfortunately I am going to have to bow out. My wife tested postive for COVID yesterday, and even though I am testing negative my mum (who I was going to be staying with) is having cancer treatment and it isn't worth the risk.

Have a great time guys, I'd have loved to have made it.
Wise move, I have just got over a bout of it and it was way worse this time than last time I had it in 2021.
 
There is three of us!
? Dam - if they're that common I may have to change my car..... (Not).
Would love to know if you know any local specialists besides RotaryMotion who I'm not particularly impressed by. I've heard good things about RX Motors in Salisbury although Inot used him yet.
 
Hi Everyone, are there any plans on meeting up before driving into Castle Combe? I’ll be driving over from London via Bracknell if anyone wants to meet up on route.
 
Hi guys, do we need to print any additional passes or anything for the parade lap?

Also for those of us not parked in the rotary area I guess there'll be a certain time we need to assemble over there (before the 12:45 parade laps), can anyone confirm?
 
If anyone needs a pass for tomorrow apparently you can swap out. So if anyone wants my ticket drop me a message, you'd just need to pick up your own pass from the Green Gate on the day.
 
I know a few members are planning on staying at Swindon tonight. Perhaps we could do a meet on the outskirts of swindon for anyone taking the ‘M4 to Castle Combe Circuit from Midlands/London area. Convoy from swindon anyone?
 
For those on the parade lap... you will need to collect a parade lap pass. The RX8 guys will have a "reception" area on their stand to collect from.
 
Some last minute reminders about Saturday.
  • I would suggest you aim to arrive 7.30-8.00am, although a little earlier is OK. Later and there is a risk of queues on the approach roads
  • Enter via the BLUE gate and go straight on (unless the marshals direct you to turn right). Turning left is a no-no! See map enclosed with your hanger passes.
  • Head for stand numbers G2-G5 and organise the parking on there however you like between you
  • There will be RX-8 OC parking marshals to assist and they may ask for your name to check you off an attendee list on arrival
  • From about 7.30am there will be a check-in desk operating one of 2 (maybe 3)large RX-8 OC gazebos in the E8-E9 area

    The Check-in desk will issue you with:
    - a green wristband if you are not in the parade
    - a red wristband if you are in the parade
    - additional green wristbands for your guests who came with you
    - Parade lap drivers will also receive a JDM Combe waiver form to complete and some further instructions about the timing and operation of the ~2 circuit laps, in two lanes of 34 cars each lane
  • A green or red wristband will entitle everyone to bacon rolls for breakfast, hot/cold drinks and other refreshments FOC. No band, no refreshments. This will help the volunteer chefs, who will not know many of you by sight.
  • If you enjoyed the refreshments, a donation, however small, via paypal to shop@rx8ownersclub.co.uk would be gratefully received.

If there are any questions, post them up. I am in the Premier Inn, Chippenham tonight and have just arrived.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I aim to be onsite from about 7am, as one of the RX-8 OC team setting up the stand areas.[/b]

The latest count is just over 130 rotaries on the combined RX-8OC, MRC, FD:OC and Familia stands across all the "E, "F23-26" stands and "G3-G5" areas, the busiest part of the venue. The volunteers on the RX-8 OC planning for this show started last November, so I hope it'll be a great day out, despite the tiny budget available!

The weather is looking amazing, so bring sun protection 8-)
 
A few of us are meeting at this beefeater in swindon off of the M4. Meeting at 7 leaving by 7:15 latest. If this is on your way or barely out of your commute are more than welcome to come convoy with us to combe. Feel free to message me!

Beefeater, Swindon
 
Last edited:
A few of us are meeting at this beefeater in swindon off of the M4. Meeting at 7 leaving by 7:15 latest. If this is on your way you or barely out of your commute are more than welcome to come convoy with us to combe. Feel free to message me!

Beefeater, Swindon
Depending on what time I’m passing, I may come join you for the last section of the route.
 
Back
Top