Hunting and unable to rev the engine hard past 4,500rpm 1992 FD3s twin turbo touring effini as seen on CAR SOS

Have you had a look at the sensor itself? It gets pretty crispy in there and often is an issue with the plug and wiring, rather than the sensor.

If that's the fuel temp sensor, mine runs with it disconnected! Imo I don't think it'll be that! It sounds to me that it's more like a fuel or spark problem itself!

Apexi pfc ecu

The standard ecu will make small corrections for fuel temp, not sure it will cause your issues

Might cause it to go into pump mode, as Ceylon says check the wiring as it could have gone crusty.

Can you type out the fault codes as I can't see the Twitter photos properly.

If it's idling funny it could be the idle control valve, just a little further down from the TPS. I've had a few of them fail.

Hi paulm
The codes showing are
Code 23 for the fuel thermostat
Code 45 charge control solenoid.

Ordered both and the have arrived to be replaced ASAP. From Andrew at Jimmys.
We took the top air manifold off and OFMG the rats nest is as crusty as a nuns ****.
We are replacing all the vacuum pipes at the same time to be sure.
We will then put it all back together and try the TPS trick to level out the idle issues.

I will keep you posted with pics ASAP.
Thanks all for the help so far.

Morning all.

Great news, Roxy Lives, (in a crazy mad scientist laugh) she is alive.

its taken some time and long nights, we found 1 solenoid was faulty with no electrical charge when we stripped it out. which the diagnostic tool showed.

looking further into the the "Rats Nest" we found 3 more not working and sticking. so they got replaced. (heat test)
3 of the one way valves were glued after being broken by a previous owner/ mechanic during a service.

holy crap the 27 year old pipes were so brittle and snapped as soon as you moved them. I also had an issue with the waste gate control which snapped all bar one of the nipples off.

A massive thank you to everyone on the site who has helped and posted pages, the 9v battery check of the solenoids works a treat.

ive change all but 2 of the vac hoses as I just can't get to them as they run under the nest to the top of the engine. my shovel hands just won't get under it......

I will try and post some pics but this Mac doesn't like the site. properly more user error than anything else.

The hunting is still slightly there, more intermittent now but with a bit of tuning I think I can work it out.
next to do is the TPS and make sure that's in range, then look at the idle control valve,

I also replaced the HTC leads from what look to be the original Mazda ones to brand new Magnecore these look the nuts, and work really well.
ive also fitted a D1 race super earth Kit as per the instructions on here.

next to fit is the new full HKS de cat exhaust. (downpipe, defat silenced mid pipe and super silent exhaust) might need some more help with this one guys.
we have fitted a titanium heat wrap to this and again will take a few pics before it goes on.

I'm looking out for an Apexi ECU an commander which I think we will need to fit a de cat pipe and then tune it so it doesn't over boost.
any info and help would be appreciated.

again thank you all, this is a great community and all the help, pictures and pointing in the right direction has really helped.

Photos below
3ABFD254-EF88-4E9E-B6D7-6A9BFDFDDC7A.jpeg

9B2D3764-C89E-4915-B9F5-801C19CBC590.jpeg
3AF230F1-5BE9-425B-BD86-2A062AA730DD.jpeg

2B38012C-5A81-47AB-A6D6-0E6B43DCA3FB.jpeg

DC1D6493-534E-4FFA-B155-5A19B36B8619.jpeg

0A70CE03-A594-4BFF-B19E-BD3CE11F2306.jpeg

3EF659CE-8F67-44E6-9280-054DC0419883.jpeg

7E69A15F-1C15-4C58-9ECE-094C1F24009F.png