Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AC Compressor R134a - Want to buy or who can refurb?

Latest posts

AlexG

Active member
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
130
Hi All,

My AC compressor is leaking and I want to replace with a working one, or failing that can anyone recommend a company that can refurb the one I have?

I need the Denso unit for an R134a system on a 1996 FD.

I've replaced everything else in the system and it worked for about 4 weeks but then I checked for leaks around the pump/compressor and lo and behold....glowing like a little smug ba$tard. It passed the vacuum leak test on the AC regass so it's leaking when under pressure or porous??

Got the car in the air and the comp is proper wet.

Cheers

Alex

AC glow.png
 
Update if anyone needs info down the line.

I found this bunch ACR Solutions Ltd. who could refurb my AC Compressor.

So, in order to not take my car off the road I bought a second hand R134a compressor from Rising Sun. Typical condition from the depths of the engine bay. Great service from them as usual.
Screenshot_20260921_133328_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20260921_133201_eBay(1).jpg


Sent to ACR and three weeks later, this arrived. 👇

20260921_134225.jpg
20260921_134254.jpg
20260921_134300.jpg
20260921_134306.jpg
20260921_134317.jpg


Fully refurbed, tested and filled with oil. Just need to try and get a replacement sticker made up somewhere for the 'Factory Fresh' look. If anyone has any info on who can make up a foil sticker with all the info it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cost £250 +VAT = £300.

Also bought a new expansion valve and dryer so I have NO excuses not to replace it over winter.

Cheers

AL.
 
Lovely job. What dryer did you use out of interest. I couldn’t quite make stock when I did mine
 
Lovely job. What dryer did you use out of interest. I couldn’t quite make stock when I did mine

I used a Denso DFD09001 last year when I put a new aircon rad in and it worked perfectly (until all the gas leaked out of the compressor). All the ports line up correctly and it is the correct size for the housing on the 1996 Denso system.

So, I bought the same again and will fit it when I have to break into the lines again to fit the compressor and expansion valve. They're dirt cheap so it's not worth leaving the existing one in there when it will have moist air in it. Also, the warranty on the compressor refurb also requires a new dryer. Not really too concerned about the warranty, as it also requires a mechanic to fit the compressor to qualify (I'm doing it, so fcuk that). Just trying to do everything I can to give the system the best chance to bloody work.

I did actually buy a black one to match the engine bay, but they sent a silver one. I will of course need to paint the bloody thing now. New O-rings will be used in all connections as well, pre-oiled with aircon oil.
:)

20260925_110302.jpg

Shot of engine bay with existing dryer in-situ.
Screenshot 2026-09-25 113205.png


Cheers

AL.
 
Having had mine a few weeks now I can see why you wouldn’t want a heater but no AC. No way. Transmission tunnel keeps you warm.
 
JP3 Motorsport expansion valve and associated seals and foam tape arrived today from the good 'ol US of A. Super quick delivery.

Now I just need to dismantle most of the car to fit all this stuff 😳

1000326265.jpg
 
Back
Top