I broke it quickly...And repeatedly...Chaste White Rebuild

I've just charged my Dragy for the first time, downloaded and connected to the app. It looks pretty cool I have to say, looking forward to using it.
Be awesome to see what a 600+ hp rx can do :cool:!

You can go into custom mode and add 100-200kph and also 60-100mph (simple 3rd to 4th) in our cars.

60-130mph would be awesome too.

When is the mapping day?

608hp/460lbft @ 22psi

2A1FFF24-8D88-409E-B36B-4B63981AFAE5.jpeg

Some observations when comparing yesterday’s graph to last years.

Changes were bigger/fatter intercooler, new 60mm waste gate vented externally. Large K&N air filter. Just a few additions in the way of 2 x EGT probes reading in the ECU and added AFRs into the ECU too.

Previously at 5800 I was at 400hp now I’m at 500hp. Even at 5000rpm I’m up 40hp on previous set up.

Roughly 800rpm better spool give or take, 400lbft is from 5000 now, was from 5750 before.

500bhp used to be at 6500, now it’s about 5800

I now hit 550bhp about 900rpm sooner, used to be 7000 on the dot, now about 6100

At 8250 I’ve gained about 30bhp as there’s almost no drop now like there was before.

At 5500 & 6200 I’ve gained 80lbft

Some observations when comparing yesterday’s graph to last years.

Changes were bigger/fatter intercooler, new 60mm waste gate vented externally. Large K&N air filter. Just a few additions in the way of 2 x EGT probes reading in the ECU and added AFRs into the ECU too.

Previously at 5800 I was at 400hp now I’m at 500hp. Even at 5000rpm I’m up 40hp on previous set up.

Roughly 800rpm better spool give or take, 400lbft is from 5000 now, was from 5750 before.

500bhp used to be at 6500, now it’s about 5800

I now hit 550bhp about 900rpm sooner, used to be 7000 on the dot, now about 6100

At 8250 I’ve gained about 30bhp as there’s almost no drop now like there was before.

At 5500 & 6200 I’ve gained 80lbft
Do you think the spool improvements are coming from the wg venting to atmosphere?

Thats awesome you've got egts and afrs plugged into your ecu, have you got any data on what the egts are reading on boost?

The jamsport dyno is a bit strange as reports its power and torque on 2 different scales. Power on the left side and torque and the right side.

Congrats on making some really good numbers.

Do you think the spool improvements are coming from the wg venting to atmosphere?

Thats awesome you've got egts and afrs plugged into your ecu, have you got any data on what the egts are reading on boost?

The jamsport dyno is a bit strange as reports its power and torque on 2 different scales. Power on the left side and torque and the right side.

Congrats on making some really good numbers.
Well compared to last years results it’s easy to see where the improvements are.

Firstly the biggest change is definitely the wastage set up, before it was vented back into the exhaust but after the dyno we found that the Greddy gate had no fire ring in so was affecting spool and holding boost up top, the now vented gate and more modern waste gate has no doubt improved spool and top end power.

Secondly the change to a better intercooler seems to have helped slightly but I guess hard to truly know whilst on the rollers - IATs at full boost were decent with water at around 26c.

I don’t think the air filter has made a huge amount of difference but I imagine the three main changes have all contributed in some small way but I’d hazard a pretty good guess at the waste gate set up having the biggest effect.

Jay did use EGTs during his tune but to be honest I forgot to quiz him on numbers. I’ll do some real world logging on the road so I can be more accurate. I can tell you that on cruise at least during running in period just making 4-5 psi the two EGT reading were already within less than 2 % of each other, be interesting to see the difference now on full boost. I see readings of 550c to 800c depending on load when cruising.

Well compared to last years results it’s easy to see where the improvements are.

Firstly the biggest change is definitely the wastage set up, before it was vented back into the exhaust but after the dyno we found that the Greddy gate had no fire ring in so was affecting spool and holding boost up top, the now vented gate and more modern waste gate has no doubt improved spool and top end power.

Secondly the change to a better intercooler seems to have helped slightly but I guess hard to truly know whilst on the rollers - IATs at full boost were decent with water at around 26c.

I don’t think the air filter has made a huge amount of difference but I imagine the three main changes have all contributed in some small way but I’d hazard a pretty good guess at the waste gate set up having the biggest effect.

Jay did use EGTs during his tune but to be honest I forgot to quiz him on numbers. I’ll do some real world logging on the road so I can be more accurate. I can tell you that on cruise at least during running in period just making 4-5 psi the two EGT reading were already within less than 2 % of each other, be interesting to see the difference now on full boost. I see readings of 550c to 800c depending on load when cruising.
Nice to see the improvements. Did you get a chance to go wot yet? haha!

What exhaust mani are you using to run the egts?

Nice to see the improvements. Did you get a chance to go wot yet? haha!

What exhaust mani are you using to run the egts?
Yes been out a for a decent blast this afternoon, the car is awesome, very fast and linear. It's ever so slightly over boosting on the high boost setting, was mapped to 22psi and saw it tickle 25psi a couple of times on the road so need to turn the duty cycle down on the waste gate a few % to keep it safe. Also to bring boost cut down a little lower.

Having wheel bearings and some other bits sorted next week but hoping to have the car back w/c 5th July once and for all.

New refurbished box fitted by Stu plus fresh diff oil all sorted over these last few days.

Also a few little tweaks by Jay adding some additional engine protection features in the ECU, we are hoping to get a few more dialled in on the rollers later this week.

I decided to be a child and legally transfer over my GAP You number plate.

AA161FA2-06DB-4FEE-A08C-F0606A67E45F.jpeg

@Copyninja - here’s some real world data for you. 24c ambients today so quite toasty, slightly down on boost around 18/19psi vs 22psi on rollers.

First time using Dragy and only managed 3-4 runs due to traffic, managed a 3.96. Definitely more in it with the right circumstances, I think I could manage a 3.7 as it is.

18D2F900-7452-41ED-B6B5-E5B6320442B4.png

@Copyninja - here’s some real world data for you. 24c ambients today so quite toasty, slightly down on boost around 18/19psi vs 22psi on rollers.

First time using Dragy and only managed 3-4 runs due to traffic, managed a 3.96. Definitely more in it with the right circumstances, I think I could manage a 3.7 as it is.

View attachment 29056

Awesome results. Glad to see you are using the dragy gps, real world results really matter. I'll add you to my dragy gps spreadsheet ha!

You could try a few things to get a faster time.
2nd gear wot to 3rd gear wot....being in the boost window in both gears may give you a better chance at a faster time (potentially)
Flatter or a slight decline slope, anything the dragy gps validates is a verified and valid time so it counts. If the decline slope is more than -1% then that will invalidate the run. I had a few invalid runs if the slope was -1.01% or more haha!
Half tank of fuel maybe...i know some people use just 5-10 litres when they do their fastest dragy gps times...for us rotary guys that's probably not such a good idea! All my runs were on a full tank of fuel haha...i wasnt taking any chances :ROFLMAO:

You def have a faster run there.....you did that time going up an incline which is impressive.

If you have closed loop boost control whether it a hot or cold day...the ecu will auto control the boost and it should fall in line with your target boost level. How is your boost being controlled? ecu or standalone boost controller?

Awesome results. Glad to see you are using the dragy gps, real world results really matter. I'll add you to my dragy gps spreadsheet ha!

You could try a few things to get a faster time.
2nd gear wot to 3rd gear wot....being in the boost window in both gears may give you a better chance at a faster time (potentially)
Flatter or a slight decline slope, anything the dragy gps validates is a verified and valid time so it counts. If the decline slope is more than -1% then that will invalidate the run. I had a few invalid runs if the slope was -1.01% or more haha!
Half tank of fuel maybe...i know some people use just 5-10 litres when they do their fastest dragy gps times...for us rotary guys that's probably not such a good idea! All my runs were on a full tank of fuel haha...i wasnt taking any chances :ROFLMAO:

You def have a faster run there.....you did that time going up an incline which is impressive.

If you have closed loop boost control whether it a hot or cold day...the ecu will auto control the boost and it should fall in line with your target boost level. How is your boost being controlled? ecu or standalone boost controller?
It’s ECU controlled.

I think you are right a 2nd to 3rd shift on a flatter surface should result in shaving off a few tenths. Will give it another go and report back.

It’s ECU controlled.

I think you are right a 2nd to 3rd shift on a flatter surface should result in shaving off a few tenths. Will give it another go and report back.

Nice, all very safe and not a bad place to be running a few psi under your max boost of 22psi. Not the best when you are doing a dragy run as you want all the available power n tq but a slight safety margin is not such a bad thing. I suspect your boost control is open loop?

Happy days, i think its def got a 3.5s potential...deffo a 3.7s

@Copyninja - typical that I didn’t check charge on the Dragy as only managed to get one run today before it needed a charging, a slight improvement still using 3rd only on a ever so slight slope, rarified by Dragy though so I’ll take it 😂

DF0D4801-CF09-4E6C-91FE-D5204940AB0E.png

Definitely a 3.7 in it.