Rotary Track Day with Magnitude Events - 5th July 2019

cib24

Admin
Event Organiser
Real Name
Roy
After the success of the track day a few FD:OC members participated in on 24th August this year with Magnitude Events the company has secured a day at Blyton Park on 5th July 2019 solely for rotary car owners. Sign up below and let's see you there. We had a blast and you should be able to read about the day at the link below and on the home page soon.

https://fdoc.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/blyton-park-premium-track-day-24-aug-18.1082/

Link to sign up:

http://www.magnitude-events.co.uk/shop/rotary-owners-track-day-5th-july-2019/

Latest update. 19 cars.

24 cars is when the track day sells out and the track day becomes cheaper for everyone, £179 down to £160.

Still looking for interested FD owners to join us on the track day.

People worried about noise should stop worrying. @jdmr_neil was there this past weekend and has 103 static and didn't trip the noise meter. Last year we had a Lotus Exige Cup 430 which has a static exhaust of 111 and that also didn't trip the noise meter. I wouldn't worry about it and would just come along. Blyton is known to not really care about noise since there is literally nothing around them anyway.

The list on the FDOC so far is:

1. cib24 - Paid Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  2. @JoeLanger - Paid, Driver + Additional Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  3. @MightyCondor - Paid Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  4. @Martin17 - Paid Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  5. @fischer - Paid Driver + Additional Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  6. @albone13 - Paid Driver
  7. @Dread - Paid Driver
  8. @rob fd - Paid Driver
  9. @Nas80 - Paid Driver
  10. @Stu Rotortorque - Paid Driver + Additional Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  11. @97FD3S - Paid Driver, staying at the Beckett Arms
  12. @Sacrilegious-FD - Spectator (will have pickup full of tools.....)
  13. @Matt - Spectator, staying at the Beckett Arms
List of people signed up on the RX-8 Owner's Club:
  1. xamtex (Peter)(RX-8 PZ) - PAID
  2. ChrisHolmes (Chris) (RX-8) - PAID
  3. Ryan Rotary Performance (Carl) (RX-8) - PAID
  4. Ninja_Freak (Dan)(RX-8) - PAID
  5. Rutz (Victoria) (RX-8) - PAID
  6. Chris231 (Christine)(RX-8) - PAID
  7. stoupaduck (John)(RX-8 R3) - PAID
  8. Ainmhidh (Alan)(RX-8 R3) - PAID
People on the FDOC that have showed interest but aren't 100% sure yet:
There is usually no "formal" static noise test at Blyton Park, but there is a drive-by noise mic, 20m from the circuit at "Twickers" bend, which trips at 95dBA. It's the main short straight and you should be able to dodge it with a short shift ahead of the next corner anyway.

Outer-Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
I've booked it now. Given that there's a £20 discount for being one of the first 6 bookings it seemed like a no-brainier.

Not sure whether I can swing accomodation again. If we end up with 15-20 cars the B&B we stayed at only supported 6 or 7 rooms.

Not sure whether I can swing accomodation again. If we end up with 15-20 cars the B&B we stayed at only supported 6 or 7 rooms.

I assume that the track day numbers will end up getting filled by RX-8 people. 6-7 rooms would probably cover the interest from here I'd guess, especially if we buddy up again.

Anyway I'll go with the flow and book into whatever venue gets decided on if need be.

Yes please!

Booked on, car should be well sorted by then!

I'm keen for sharing a room again would only be £40-50 between two of us I would have thought?

I assume that the track day numbers will end up getting filled by RX-8 people. 6-7 rooms would probably cover the interest from here I'd guess, especially if we buddy up again.

Anyway I'll go with the flow and book into whatever venue gets decided on if need be.

Understood but Magnitude Events did me a big favour last time and I can't count on that for the rotary day. We can't book anything now anyway but in any case when we decide on a B&B it will be £40 for a room that can possibly be shared.

Is there a max number for cars on the day ? Would like to know before I book.
Taken from the event page:

Taking place at Blyton Park, we run a Club format day, limiting the number of cars on track at any one time to just six – and the overall event numbers to 20-24

I hope there's a good turn out for this as I want to come but can't afford it atm as I'm saving for a 4x4! Ill defo be up for it in 2020 if I don't go through the stage of 'I wanna sell my fd' again lol

hmmmm, is there a deadline for booking? I won't be able to confirm until the new year

I will come and spectate and take some photos for the site even if I don't get on track if that's alright? Is there an option to pay for a guest pass without actually booking track time?