For Sale ROLLING SHELL 1993

Mir

Please note that this thread is only created to make this car available to the wider audience. There are Rx7 Enthusiast who have access to the Rx7 engine, but they are looking for an Rx7 shell to install that engine in. This thread is the continuation of my previous car for sale thread where I have advertised the whole car for sale. In a nutshell, if you just want the FD rolling shell without the engine, keep on reading this thread. The car will be sold complete minus the engine and the engine bay ancillaries.

For Sale: Mazda Rx7 1993 Rolling Shell.

If the buyer requires a specific body kit to go on the car, I can install and respray that for free.

Zero Previous Owners. Personally imported in 2008.

The car was previously converted to 20b. Hence, you will notice a fire wall modification.

Parts included:

Sard Boost Gauge
Greddy Boot Controller

Cooling:
25 Row brand New Mocal Oil Coolers
Brand New Mocal Thermostat
Brand New Braided Oil Cooler lines
Brand New Acquamist Race version water injection kit (not functional but can be activated)

Exterior:
The car was originally Black but resprayed to custom Gun Metallic Grey.
The engine bay is in original black colour so as the inside of the car.
Clear Tail Lights
OEM side mirrors
Mazdaspeed Style Rear Spoiler
Genuine Front Feed Wings
Genuine Monkey side Skirts
Tinted Windows
The car will come with an OEM front bumper, or the new buyer can provide the front bumper, and I will get it resprayed for free. I have acquired a genuine Cwest Bumper, which needs little repair work, so may be I will install that for the buyer.

Interior:

Dash sprayed in Red
Genuine Bathurst driver and passenger door card
Genuine Momo Steering Wheel
No rear seats
OEM Floor Carpet
OEM Cluster
OEM Seats (needs redoing)
Sony Stero System
MazdaSpeed Gear Knob

Suspension:
Ohlin Coilovers
18inch Wheels
Body and suspension bushes were replaced previously.

Transmission:
Gearbox is NOT INCLUDED, but I would provide one if I can find a decent gearbox - that would be without additional cost to the buyer.

I probably forgot a lot. Pictures to follow as the car is still being worked on due to repair work, and I am removing 20b from it.

I can finish this car to the buyer's spec if needed. I am not fussed with money, and the buyer can pay in instalment towards the cost of this service,however, delivery of the car would be when the car is paid for. I use Rotor Torque, and engine installation can be done by them.

I am uploading pictures for paint reference only. The actual car will be different from what it looks in the pictures.

The car will only need engine parts, exhaust plus the fueling to be back on the road again!

The car is currently getting respray done to the front end, rear bumper, side Skirts and rear mazda speed style spoiler and would be 99 percent clean body.

14000 pounds takes it away.

Pics for reference

Thanks
Mir

Screenshot_20221220_152214_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_152414_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate. I have been using Rotor Torque for a couple of years now. I dont know why they don't want to touch your FD! But, @Stu Rotortorque is very upfront, and if you ask him this question, he probably would have an answer for that.

I am just a customer who has always been looked after by them.

I dont know if my answer helped! I don't like to give opinion on other FDs as I am not qualified to judge anyones car.

Hi Mate. I have been using Rotor Torque for a couple of years now. I dont know why they don't want to touch your FD! But, @Stu Rotortorque is very upfront, and if you ask him this question, he probably would have an answer for that.

I am just a customer who has always been looked after by them.

I dont know if my answer helped! I don't like to give opinion on other FDs as I am not qualified to judge anyones car.
my wiring was done by Dragon Performance, the whole car was built by one of the most insane bodge merchants ever to touch an FD - major health & safety risk to Tuners, I expect they would be unwilling to touch it without a fire crew on standby - however I am getting it slowly sorted not by choice but as a neccessity to finally sell the mistake thats been sat in the garage for 7 years now, all new bits bought this month , rails, injectors, didgdash, fuse boxes and all soon to be fitted by one of the best, maybe someone will tune it when the work is done - else it will have to be a bodge-y remote tune or a map downloaded from haltech maybe.

Since I am not willing to pass an opinion, I can certainly make a suggestion! That's if you like? I would suggest that, speak with Stu, explain to him what you have that you can offer and hear from him as to what he can do? Try to find common grounds. I can't predict the result, but given the history, I can say that, to sort this car, you would need to spend money (I am sure you are not happy to hear this - sorry).

Cheers
Mir

Since I am not willing to pass an opinion, I can certainly make a suggestion! That's if you like? I would suggest that, speak with Stu, explain to him what you have that you can offer and hear from him as to what he can do? Try to find common grounds. I can't predict the result, but given the history, I can say that, to sort this car, you would need to spend money (I am sure you are not happy to hear this - sorry).

Cheers
Mir
thanks, yes ive had a few calls with Stu over the past few years - no joy, i have commited to paying someone else for the work now and on a waiting list dont want to mess the guy around since he was the only one willing to take it on, ive bought all the bits already, hopefully after a spend of 8-9k I will finally be able to sell the car to someone that Stu or another UK based tuner is willing to help, its going for MOT after the bits are fitted and it will have someone elses map on it to drive to MOT place, road legal and with 6k of the latest electrics and fueling fitted and it might get some interest - if not it will need to go into my barn to make room for Lambo/R8 not-sure-what, this year ive been renovating the house buying windows, solar etc - all totally boring stuff to spend money on, cant have any fun got no road legal car so have been buying house stuff like an old sensible person :cautious: