first ever FD.....2001 RX7 RZ

Sean2kuk

Hi everyone i'm Sean and i recently purchased a limited edition 2001 RX7 RZ with 46k miles

imported last year and rebuilt the engine, immaculate example with pearl white paintwork
apart from the seats and fujitsubo legalis R exhaust (stock quiet) this is a stock car with no engine modifications,always wanted a stock example..
the seats are red recaro SR-6 which are very comfortable

ive had many JDM cars (supra,subaru,silvia 15,evo's) and never tried the rx7, reading horror stories always put me off but you cant ignore how gorgeous they look so it was the time to get one on my driveway.
maintenance side of things thats what i enjoy doing so it will be maintained properly
i have a daily so it will be let out at weekends
currently off work with a broken leg from a motorbike crash so not yet able to enjoy it and its in the garage sitting pretty.

i want to keep the body stock but debating if to go for a top quality single turbo setup......

20190601_195105.jpg

Last edited:

This is the reason i cant go out and enjoy this japanese icon of a car :(

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys,ive limited knowledge of these cars but working on that daily.
the single setup i was looking at was the EFR range but does anyone know how much total i will be looking at to achieve 450-500 whp that includes all the other supporting mods....i thought maybe 10k?
i have a very large compensation claim due to this accident so only wanted to do it if everything was quality parts only...

Very nice looking FD bro (y)

You're talking 5-10k for single turbo conversion. depends on whos doing the labour, with that leg I doubt it be you!
Can probably throw another 5k in for labour
all depends where you go and which parts you want.

Buy another older one and go mental !

Keep that lovely one too, because it will retain its value much more as a stock car. OK you could upgrade the rad and put on a SMIC for cooling upgrades but they can be easil swapped back to keep the rarity in a sale.

Man that looks stunning - the car not the leg, obviously! I'd be tempted to keep that pretty much stock, as others have said, but at the end of the day it's yours to enjoy how you want (y)
Good luck with the recovery.

The biggest problem with being laid up in bed is time to browse the internet an justify car parts to yourself..... Personally I wouldn't expect to payore than 10k for a a quality single, but what do I know, LT/LS/KA/RB.....

I like what you added on end haha

Keep it stock! It's climb in value. I'll swap ya ;) , I'm trying to get mine back to stock condition. Slowly but surely.