Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FD:OC Dyno Day - 26th May at TGS

Your transition looks a bit early to me Roy,

I know every car is different but here is my twins at a bar.
 

Attachments

  • 20180527_105903.jpg
    20180527_105903.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 20180527_105910.jpg
    20180527_105910.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 340
Well, it was running funny I guess. The graph looks different than the last one, not just the power levels.
 
Tbh heatsoak is just part and parcel of dynos ime. Unless the operator has took the time and money to run the fans intake from clean air outside. Along with this spending money on powerful direct fans. Craig's looks a much better set up than the last one I was on. One tiny fan in a roasting workshop.

I need to sort out a cold feed to the intake. Through going for as big as possible intercooler and rad I've restricted the intake to pull air off the rad. One of those oversights. The rad's end tanks is on the sides so I might be able to take a couple of in off its width and pull air after the intercooler with a duct. Or try and feed the intake with a duct in the bonnet. Not sure yet !
 
Think I
I did make it...albeir after 4pm...I managed to get on the dyno but my car was heatsoaked pretty badly so my transition looks a bit lazy, otherwise I think without he heatsoaking it would have only made another 10-15hp anyway. At least I finally got to meet Craig. Thanks for JoeLanger and MightyCondor for hanging around and then grabbing a pint and a burger at a local pub afterwards.

Next time I won't try to make a journey up to Manchester from London on a bank holiday weekend. "F" that M1 and screw that beautiful A616/A628 one lane road...My left calf is so sore today as a result of all of the stop and go and my car was totally baking at some points with water temps pushing 100C and oil temps pushing 110C just sitting in traffic not moving. Thank God we don't live in California or I could have had some real trouble!


I saw you on the opposite side of the M60 Roy (btwn 24 & 25).. unfortunately I had to get back home (due to a nagging Wife) :rolleyes:

Was great to meet everyone and although I didn't put mine on the Dyno (due to a few issues), was awesome hearing those Rotary's :love:
 
After my results I'm now making arrangements to have the car remapped and the boost turned up. In a way it's impressive what an 8374 can achieve at a mere 0.6 bar, but I didn't go single to run power levels achievable on twins. Was always the plan anyway, but more of a priority now!
 
After my results I'm now making arrangements to have the car remapped and the boost turned up. In a way it's impressive what an 8374 can achieve at a mere 0.6 bar, but I didn't go single to run power levels achievable on twins. Was always the plan anyway, but more of a priority now!

Out of interest what did the 8374 make at .6 bar?
 
315bhp and 280lb ft on Craigs dyno*

*other dynos may be more generous....

Our roll races on the motorway would suggest your car is relatively close to mine and has much better initial pickup as mine doesn't really start pulling until the secondary has already kicked in. And the 4.1 gearing to my 4.3 definitely helped you out on rolls starting in 3rd as I had to shift a bit earlier and try to reel you back in with 4th.
 
Back
Top