wiring nightmare help please!!!

eduardoztt

Real Name
eddie
Good evening y'all

I bought a Fd and the wiring on her is a complete mess so far I've taken tons of crap off and finally getting to the basics of it before
The privious owner tried to fit a haltech ecu and a stand alone msd ignition system
Thats the last time she sang the original ecu connectors have been cut off and i have the intentions of rewiring the damaged looms but i want to get it running first
My idea is to use a plug and play apexi power fc

My real questions is there anywhere i can get the ecu plugs or any other common Mazdas that use the same plugs so i can go to a scrapyard and take them off
A Huge Thanks in Advance
Eddie

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

Why not just buy a wire in link?
It's not too difficult a job to trace each wire to what it is and re pin it into the link connectors (which is the same as the black/orange one there).
Saves you putting old shit back on.

Plenty of rotary tuners are using link nowadays,

Why not just buy a wire in link?
It's not too difficult a job to trace each wire to what it is and re pin it into the link connectors (which is the same as the black/orange one there).
Saves you putting old shit back on.

Plenty of rotary tuners are using link nowadays,
Game boy hater! šŸ˜‚

If you still have the connector plug bodies, then the terminals inside them should still be available. You can re-pin the connector body with either new or existing wires. I brought some years ago and and can dig out the part numbers if required.

If you don't have the connector bodies, have a look at a mk2/ NB MX-5 1.8 as its 3 ECU connector plugs are the same as the larger RX-7 ECU plugs, with the exception of the smaller 12 way plug.

If you have to splice any wires to extend, but can't crimp them, then have a look at these Raychem CWTāˆ’3803, just need a hot air gun use. It has the right amount of solder so it doesn't seep along the wires and make them brittle and it supports the joint, both of which should prevent the joint from failing.