RX7 LS1 V8 rebuild

Mar71n

Called into DynoTorque to drop some more parts in & they've been busy bolting stuff to the car :)
IMGA0686.JPG
IMGA0687.JPG
IMGA0688.JPG
IMGA0689.JPG

I'm not going to run the diff cooler. concentrating on getting the car back on the road.

Mar71n

Got half a day in on the car yesterday. Finished off the hand brake cables I'm using a hi Spec spot caliper which is supplied with a universal cable with some small clamps that you use to attach to the original hand brake, it's a bit crude so I made two nipples out of stainless with a grub screw in both ends. It was a bit of a wrestling match to get any tension on the cables.
Then started on the exhaust, I can use the system I used before but will have to modify it to get round the nose of the Ford 8.8 diff.
IMGA0690.JPG
IMGA0691.JPG
IMGA0692.JPG

Reactions: tomCTR and Tjp8

Mar71n

Screen out so Craig can get at the wiring easier & for when it gets resprayed. No other progress this week as he's finishing off some other cars & I snuck in before they turned up + a lot of the parts that have been fitted up till now have already been built up.
IMGA0696.JPG

Reactions: tomCTR and giryan

Mar71n

I was using a KnightSport kit but after seeing the Hella lights on Paper Cups car I wanted that set up. Craig said you can @%$£ off & do that yourself. The lamps arrived lasr week so gave it a coat of looking at on Tuesday & spent today modeling it up so I can get the mounting 3D printed. I ran out of modeling talent so the guy with the 3D printer I use will have to finish the model off so were into next week befor I get the 1st off print.
IMGA0698.JPG
IMGA0700.JPG
IMGA0701.JPG
IMGA0702.JPG

Reactions: giryan

Mar71n

Advocult motorsport oil coolers & the fuel lines are finished. The air con kit has turned up but waiting on the radiator & fans. Hopefully I`ll get a couple of days free at the end of next week so I can mount the radiators & start on the air box..
IMGA0708.JPG

Reactions: shaunwil and tomCTR

Mar71n

Off to a good start with the 3D print
IMG_4638.JPG

I'm going to use the KnighSport shroud so have off set the lights like the KS kit
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG

Looking like it's going to work
IMG_4641.JPG

Er no, realy please for the first attempt though. I've bought 3 rolls of filiment for the 3D printer so will remodel the mounting & have another go.
IMG_4645.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: shaunwil and tomCTR
Nec classic car show