Rx7 fd wont crank

Tjp8

Hey guys ive created another issue now.

I fitted my fuel sock and pump back into the car and was priming the fuel lines by turning the car over a few times and then all of a sudden the starter wouldnt crank anymore.

The starter was always a bit tempermental anyway so i fitted a brand new one which i got from rotors7 a while ago but still nothing when i turn the key.

All the dash lights come on but no click from the starter motor or anything.

When i turn the ignition all the way on as if i was going to start the car the dash lights flicker as if they know im trying to start the car but the starter isnt coming on.

Thanks

Have you checked if the switch on your clutch pedal is being pressed when you push it down? There’s a tab on the pedal which has a crappy plastic cover which is what presses the switch that engages the starter relay.

That broke off on my car once and it wouldn’t work until I glued a rubber stop to push the switch.

D8B6A539-757A-4521-BB5A-EC86711D09F7.png

Have you checked if the switch on your clutch pedal is being pressed when you push it down? There’s a tab on the pedal which has a crappy plastic cover which is what presses the switch that engages the starter relay.

That broke off on my car once and it wouldn’t work until I glued a rubber stop to push the switch.

View attachment 27746
Ive just been out and looked at this and not the issue 😔.

It was working fine and i turned the engine over a few times first of all , then it just stopped while cranking as if a switch was flicked and it could no longer work.

View attachment 27746
Not all cars have this. I think it’s only series 8

Checked your grounds? I had something similar due to dodgy ground wire.
I recently cleaned nost the grounds up while i did the coilpacks and red did the relocated battery.

It was turning over great and did a few times until something either shorted or blew some kind of fuse.

Ive checked all i can think of for now 😔.

I recently cleaned nost the grounds up while i did the coilpacks and red did the relocated battery.

It was turning over great and did a few times until something either shorted or blew some kind of fuse.

Ive checked all i can think of for now 😔.
Hope you sort this, you've not had much luck :(

Hope you sort this, you've not had much luck :(
I was due some issues after all the trouble free motoring ive had over the past few years 😂, i dont think its the starter motors i think its something todo with the signal wire to the starter is maybe damamged or a fuse i dont know about isnt working or relay ect.

Im not too clued up on electrics, it feels sort of like an immobiliser problem .

Check the little space connector on the starter. This got me stranded years ago and as soon as it was daylight i could see the wire had corroded.
I disconnected the power and cleaned it this morning and removed the spade connector too and re fitted it.

Im thinking that spade connector isnt functioning properly and not telling the starter to engage anymore.

Does anyone know what controls that wires signal ?