Project Batcave

One of the benefits of everyone being in shutdown is the builders have only the garage to do. The roof is nearly finished and I've got one of the lads knocking up some doors for the front and back.

Still struggling for parts for the garage door
20200412_112554.jpg
20200409_163622.jpg

I dropped a bollock on the height of the opening so theres not the head room to hide the box for the shutter inside.

I am planning on making up a 6 section bi-fold door, this would be a rectangular box section outer frame with 6 off 30mm thick steel doors. i'd then face the doors in timber just to pretty it up a little bit. I was considering doing the front skin in Cor-Ten steel so its gets that nice rusted effect with a anthracite grey border.

Just got to justify costings as usual

Hopefully by the end of next week the garage roof will be water tight and the back stairs in. Its then all on me to get doors in and i can bring the beast home

Nearly there with the garage, its been slow progress because of a wall in the garden and new shed front.

We found a roller shutter that won't take up too much head room. Electrics are going in over the next week to two then the car can come home, not that i'll have any time to work on it as i need to shift 45 tonnes of soil around the garden

Roof has been screeded and felted, got to get liner and 20mm gravel down to keep the water moving.

20200703_174957.jpg

20200722_204828.jpg

20200722_204803.jpg

Last edited:
That looks amazing! Iā€™ve been looking at building a garage once I move back to the US but unfortunately most garages are pre fabbed metal structures. I like the idea of cinder block and brick facing like yours. Do you plan on epoxying the floor? Itā€™ll look really nice!

That looks amazing! Iā€™ve been looking at building a garage once I move back to the US but unfortunately most garages are pre fabbed metal structures. I like the idea of cinder block and brick facing like yours. Do you plan on epoxying the floor? Itā€™ll look really nice!

Cheers bud.

I think i will end up going down the epoxy route. i was looking at the rubber matting but its crazy money, I've got a sub-contractor i use at work popping round to grind the floor to clear the snotty bits of concrete then ill get it painted.