PFC Commander Noob

noop

London
Real Name
Anup
I've just acquired an Apexi PFC Commander. Not sure if there's a thread on here that advises noobs like myself.

What are the things I should be looking for and what range should be acceptable on the various readings?

Right now, I'm just running it on idle and having a play, trying to figure out how best to use it and what it's telling me. As I have no idea what stats I should be happy/concerned with!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Spendyrx

Ovis Aries Penetrator
Farmville
Real Name
Sheep Shagger
Don't listen to joe, he's just in denial that a game boy is better than the 3 ecus he's been through this year šŸ˜‚

I just used to have
air temp
Coolant temp
rpm
Boost
On my screen. But you can chop and change as you like. I think the most important is the coolant temp as when I was sat in traffic I'd usually whack the ac button on to keep the temp around 82 degrees when I saw it rise. I know it's a bit anal lol.

noop

London
Real Name
Anup
Good to know. What's too hot for air and coolant temps?

Generally speaking?

I think being anal comes with the job description of being an fd owner!

Spendyrx

Ovis Aries Penetrator
Farmville
Real Name
Sheep Shagger
If I remember rightly. Most fds when driving usually sit around 80 on coolant temp. My air temps we like 50 degree because I didn't put decent ducting in. I'm not 100% on air temps but I'm guessing 20 to 30 degrees would be what people would be aiming for on a warm summer day. Correct me if I'm wrong.