Fortune build

Haha yes itā€™s a bmw 240i not a 240z

when the project on that one started it was the most basic car without cruise control - we added every single option on it including radar cruise control and traffic jam assist even though that wasnā€™t available for the car - replaced every panel including the roof to carbon - quad exhaust and full kw suspension the list is endless - I think only the back seats are left standard as I couldnā€™t find someone to do a rear seat delete in carbon - I do have a full carbon dash board and door cards coming for this but thatā€™s a few months away

9A78949F-0A75-495D-B55F-91FFD94C5BDA.jpeg

I am looking for a carbon wheel for the rx7 If anyone knows of one - love the one we installed on the bmw

all in took about a year and probably have 100k into it but was fun project and a great learning experience - I am expecting the same cost and timeframe for this project

I hope due to the age of the rx7 it will be a lot simpler although Iā€™m already looking at 360 camera setup - front rear sensors - car play etc haha

for me itā€™s more about the building them and making them a one off - I enjoy the challenge

Last edited:
I liked the 240 but not as good as a rx7, the Mazda has grip, better brakes ,a lsd and is quicker. Also the fuel consumption is just as bad as the Mazda when not cruising.

AF750267-4CD5-4E6A-A1EB-F51F200FECE3.jpeg

Just my opinion but the 20bā€™s aint worth the money as the centre plates are so rare,youll get 5-600 bhp out of a 13b and have change for a spare,or if money is no issue go 4 rotor.

Whyā€™s there two accounts for the same car?

be interesting to see where a 100knbuild goes! Last one was grand mightys build

engine work - 20 although this could be as low as 5 depending on the base car

If you're going 20b or 4 rotor you'll need to double that. Especially if no labour yourself. Have a good read through some project threads to give you an idea.

You mention an ECU, you're gonna need one anyway, you need everything clutch, fueling. Cooling system, turbos, exhaust, the lot. Depending what the base car already has everything else is 25 years old and will need Changing. E.g. it's Ā£1k for a full suspension bush kit excluding labour (which is a lot)

Your bodykit budget estimate looks about right, but the car is gonna cost more than you think

Having issues with this acc - sometimes doesnā€™t let me log in

only reason for the 20b - thereā€™s one for sale currently in the USA for not much more than a rebuild - although costs of an ecu -conversion kit to mount it etc all adds up

rough numbers for the build
car 15k
Body work install and paint is 8-10
Wheels and tires - 5
Carbon roof and doors - 6 plus install (unsure if to do this again)
Body kit - 12
Suspension - hks - 1.5
Led rear lights 1k
Clear ppf - 3
Brembo fronts -3
Wear and tear stuff - shafts /bushings/ bars etc - 5
Hks exhaust - 1

thatā€™s the first stage just to get it together -timeframe of three months from start

ice - 3k + for cameras, sensors, head unit, speakers - know from past experience this will probably balloon
Seats 2.5k
Mounts 250
Interior carbon - door cards, dash, etc - 2.5
Retrim of interior - 3/4K
carbon wheel / dials / pedals odd bits - 1-2

hopefully can get this done a few months after the body work - stuff like sensors etc will be done as the body is though

engine work - 20 although this could be as low as 5 depending on the base car
longer term project -hopefully done over the winter

plus all the unexpected costs and upgrades along the way, tax from parts coming from abroad etc - and thereā€™s probably a long list of stuff Iā€™ve forgotten - 100 all in is easy and probably on the low side even if I keep the 13b
You can buy mine to spend 100k on, Iā€™d like to see that

Superpro or powerflex, they will both do the job. Just make sure you change all of them and do the Rose joint bushes too - these will be Mazda jobbies as they wonā€™t come in an aftermarket kit

Whoā€™s your engine builder going to be mate? Or you not looking that far ahead yet?..

that carbon steering wheel looks decent!