FD3S wanted (rusty/ damaged but with good engine)

Moze

Lithuania
Real Name
Aurimas
Hello,
I am looking for FD3S - twin turbo.
Most important is the engine - need it to be in good condition.
Everything else does not matter, but all offers are welcome.
many thanks!

Hello,
I am looking for FD3S - twin turbo.
Most important is the engine - need it to be in good condition.
Everything else does not matter, but all offers are welcome.
many thanks!
Why and what rule/law are you trying to get around?

yup, but there is no difference - will pay in cash by my courier
Doesn't sound dodgy at all ;) money laundering aside!

What is seller supposed to do, receive the cash, park it up on the street and mail you the keys and location?
Budget?

Moze

Lithuania
Real Name
Aurimas
Why and what rule/law are you trying to get around?
What you mean?
I just have LHD FD3S that needs motor and I thought that i could use another shell for a race K-swap - win/win.

Doesn't sound dodgy at all ;) money laundering aside!

What is seller supposed to do, receive the cash, park it up on the street and mail you the keys and location?
Budget?
We agree on the car, agree on the time courier comes, car on the trailer, money to the seller, done.
8k is my top I guess, of course it is up to the condition the car is in, might go above that.

Reactions: Spendyrx
What you mean?
I just have LHD FD3S that needs motor and I thought that i could use another shell for a race K-swap - win/win.

We agree on the car, agree on the time courier comes, car on the trailer, money to the seller, done.
8k is my top I guess, of course it is up to the condition the car is in, might go above that.
More that certain countries require certain matters in their law that may have meant that in order to replace your engine you had to have an engine from a similar vehicle. New crate engine can be had for bit over Ā£4k but obv if you couldn't go down that route because of local law then it would explain the less than usual request. There might also be someone who could have helped if they'd had to do something similar before for export.

Also buying a car with engine for Ā£8k isn't exactly going to ensure you get a decent engine. Any car with a decent engine is generally worth decent money.

Worth considering buying a bare shell and a new crate engine and having it temporarily mounted in the shell for import for instance. Although doesn't sound that import is actually the issue.

Be minded that if we don't get a trade deal in Brexit dicussions, then importing a car from the UK from 1 Jan 2021 could become alot more difficult than it is currently

Moze

Lithuania
Real Name
Aurimas
More that certain countries require certain matters in their law that may have meant that in order to replace your engine you had to have an engine from a similar vehicle. New crate engine can be had for bit over Ā£4k but obv if you couldn't go down that route because of local law then it would explain the less than usual request. There might also be someone who could have helped if they'd had to do something similar before for export.

Also buying a car with engine for Ā£8k isn't exactly going to ensure you get a decent engine. Any car with a decent engine is generally worth decent money.

Worth considering buying a bare shell and a new crate engine and having it temporarily mounted in the shell for import for instance. Although doesn't sound that import is actually the issue.

Be minded that if we don't get a trade deal in Brexit dicussions, then importing a car from the UK from 1 Jan 2021 could become alot more difficult than it is currently
True that, and having full another car allows me legally transfer engine from one to another, over wise I doubt that I will prove government legitimacy of my new engine (transferring once owning 2 cars was done by my brother - easy and not a lot of paperwork).
Also about the crate engine, issue is that my engine bay is burned, all the wiring, sensors and so on, so bare block is not enough, as I will need million things... And the sad part I don't know where and what goes, I probably not sure if I know namings of all the stuff, lol (pretty new to rotaries).

And finally about brexit, yes, this is why I need to find one fast.

So subject to the severity of the burning, you'll need something along the lines:

Engine Loom
Front Horseshoe loom
Starter and Main Battery Loom
Engine and presuming full intake and cooling system

Given you're LHD the looms will be slightly different from a RHD car, not sure on full compatability of those as not something I've looked at.