Aroha my red FD

Ok, I've somewhat neglected the forum it seems, I must make a conscious effort but I have been without a computer for ages and recently got myself a laptop to go with my new camera gear so I should be online abit more.

Anyway the car and whats changed since 2020?

Changed the wheels from red/chrome to silver metallic, Bmw colour I think it was.

wheels spraying primer.jpg
wheels spraying silver base.jpg
side profile shot.jpg

Here's a quick before
IMG_20190310_144637.jpg

I think the suit the silver very very nice and total cost was about Ā£30 and my own time, the old paint was flaking really bad and got off as much as I could so I don't expect this to last more than a couple years but now I know how they look I'd get them blasted and re paint the same or powder coat the same.

Also did a few drives out with @Stix44 , some nice roads not to far from me (Hartside pass)

drive out stiks.jpg

I'll add more updates later so this will do for now.

Looks 100x better with the wheels painted mate, those in red were hideous imo.

Hartside and Alston are great roads, apparently the cafe is going to be rebuilt much bigger and better. Ive been pretty regular up there through my dc2, fd3 and in the current steed and always see some nice cars up there through the summer months.

Other great drives are up through coldstream and down through keilder national park. Unbelievable views, smooth roads and a lovely cafe on the way back for a sausage sarnie.

Soon be summer again!

I am hoping to try make the most of a Saturday or Sunday morning and get out on drives a bit more often this year, roads tend to get abit more full of cyclists and bikers after 11. I've done through keilder and have some other routes planned on google maps to go do.

At the moment hartside cafe is just a trailer that I think they have recently given up on, I did see the plans for the built cafe but those were years ago now so I assume there's no one willing to invest in it.

Ah you changed your user name dave! I liked the red wheels but have been told my sense of styling is shit šŸ¤£ i still haven't put the red efini stickers on my car yet šŸ¤£ been a while since you done them for me! Car is looking good man, glad its all going well for you šŸ‘

Ah you changed your user name dave! I liked the red wheels but have been told my sense of styling is shit šŸ¤£ i still haven't put the red efini stickers on my car yet šŸ¤£ been a while since you done them for me! Car is looking good man, glad its all going well for you šŸ‘
Yeh didn't like the old name.....might change it again.

Car has been great, not used it half as much as I'd of liked to and I missed doing the last Blyton track day due to a leaking sump and a gearbox with syncro issues, got a replacement box and a sump brace which I'll be fitting soon before the weather gets nice.

I did sometimes like the red wheels, I thought they looked very 90's but the condition of the wheels was getting quite bad so had to do something and silver felt the obvious choice.