Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

a few other videos from fridays trackday

jdmr_neil

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2018
Messages
2,041
just a few others for anyone who is interested.


ginetta spin

clipped at speed

Ken Dodd

The disappearing Atom

Hail
 
400+ but anything more precise than that is hard to call. It's a small yet quite brutal single that comes on boost around 2500rpm and is achieving 1.2+ before 3k.

It was all a bit of a budget build that seems to be working out very well.

For me on the day its the overall set up that has really impressed. Tyres/ suspension/ brakes all really connected with the power and I'm very very happy with how it did.

In the wet though i was getting minced by most things tbh, too much boost to early.
 
Last edited:
No mate, I was lucky and static blew 104.9 which in twins i was sub 98db. I did spot the guy doing the drive by tests but I never had an issue.
 
Cheers the videos Neil! Seems to be a good all rounder you’ve built!

I’m sure you can play about and get it sorted for the wet drives!
 
Croft are about as strict as they come due to previous court cases. With that said i did a trackday with a nurspec blowing 120+ and managed to last the day.

I could compete on wet days Tom but not without a spare set of wheels/ tyres. Ado8r are fantastic when warm but for cold wet tracks you need rain tyres. Also all modern cars have plant n go traction systems which make it almost impossible for an fd to match modern sports cars. I'm pretty game on that track but trying to keep it straight to power on takes more time manually. That said on that cold but dry spell almost nothing bar the atom wasn't getting caught and passed tbh.

Fd's are dry weather beasts when up against modern electronics imo
 
Croft are about as strict as they come due to previous court cases. With that said i did a trackday with a nurspec blowing 120+ and managed to last the day.

I could compete on wet days Tom but not without a spare set of wheels/ tyres. Ado8r are fantastic when warm but for cold wet tracks you need rain tyres. Also all modern cars have plant n go traction systems which make it almost impossible for an fd to match modern sports cars. I'm pretty game on that track but trying to keep it straight to power on takes more time manually. That said on that cold but dry spell almost nothing bar the atom wasn't getting caught and passed tbh.

Fd's are dry weather beasts when up against modern electronics imo

Modern cars keep getting faster, which is what’s meant happen I guess, look at the new civic.. bloody rapid lol

Your FD flys the flag though mate, I be thebdude driving the Porsche was pissed lol ?????
 
Back
Top