Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

7s day 2025 - bicester heritage

Latest posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie1

7s Day Legend
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
234
Location suggestion - Bicester Hertiage- Hangar 113 - near Oxford
Afternoon my dorito loving friends, I've heard back from Bicester. There can do 3 dates June 15th or 29th or the 19th of July. All Sundays. For those who don't know it, it's a pretty slick location, the shot below is from a few years back when we hired it. Costs have gone up abit. Give or take it'll be about 3k for the building all day and the insurance. I think we had 70+ cars last time. Call it 75 this time, that's 40quid per car. Not to bad I think. I'm happy to pay a deposit if you guys are committed. So first off. Are we keen on the location or not(I.e. another location currently unknown)?
We can worry about the dates later. Thoughts on a postcard please.
I appreciate this is a FD forum, are there other decent forums of FC and FB owners? If someone is on there all ready and would be kind enough to post the same, it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Charlie
 
If you like, I can post this on MazdaRotaryClub. Casey on here is a Mod over there.
 
If you like, I can post this on MazdaRotaryClub. Casey on here is a Mod over there.
That would be a great help thank you. Consensus seem to be happy with a 'rotary day' would be great to get an idea of numbers if others are keen. It'll be strictly ticketed only, owners. Not general public. Thank you.
 
That would be a great help thank you. Consensus seem to be happy with a 'rotary day' would be great to get an idea of numbers if others are keen. It'll be strictly ticketed only, owners. Not general public. Thank you.
Now Posted on MazdaRotaryClub
 
Keen. Any steer on what date is going to be chosen?
It's looking likely to be the 19th of July.
Its the next bit which will be the gamble, just trying to lean on bicester to be abit more flexible with deposits and booking. as it stands they want 2k at date confirmation.
For those not on the FB group, I'm likely to start an event and ask every who's 100% committed to 'attend' then I can hopefully take the punt of booking with abit more confidence.
I know some are not entirely happy about it being a 'rotary day' over a 7s day, I would love to make it purely 7s as before but costs have gone up while numbers have gone down. Adding 8s/cosmos/swaps as well, I hope will make it cheaper for all and more likely to happen. To those purists, fear not in that group(and clearly on here), 7 owners out numbers the others by a long way.
 
UPDATE - today bicester pulled the seemingly preferred date, the 19th of July. I've started another poll in the FB group. Dates now available June 15th , July 12th, July 26th. I'm going to let that run till Sunday evening, then make a call on the final date.
So we don't get gazumped again, I'll then ask for payment for tickets.
As before £40/car(passengers welcome). Up until a few weeks before the event Bicester will refund 50% of the booking fee(half the full payment), a sliding scale to 0 the closer to get. If they cancel it'll refund everyone 100%. Purely for owners(and the odd OG previous owner), strictly no admittance on the day for drivers or the general public.
Standby for the next update my pedigree chums.
 
Thanks for the update Charlie, I can make any date. Just let me know when you need the cash.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top