Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spendyrx

Ovis Aries Penetrator
Real Name
Dwi'n caru defaid
Alright gang how be you all?
I've wanted to have a little get together of 7s in Wales for a bit and as alot of people in Wales have their fds on the road (mainly me) I was wondering if anyone is fancying a meet up for 7s day?
I'm thinking quite a central are to south Wales and south west England would be something like mountain road snack bar in Caerphilly? Anyone else think of anything better them chuck it in here! It's a busy little place though so that's the only downer but the car park looks decent! Here's some pics.......
Anyone fancy it?
Screenshot_2018-05-10-11-50-52.png
Screenshot_2018-05-10-11-50-45.png
Screenshot_2018-05-10-11-50-39.png

Haha dogging..... um....... ? I think with the interest in this then maybe a change of venue may be a good option!
As to the sitting in the car park bit, wasn't sure if people wanted to have a spin but I'm sure if people are up for it we could have a little touge session?

Been thinking a bit more on this.
Are people up for a spin?
I've put together this route, we could either meet at morisons in Risca for a chit chat, go up to Ebbw then back down to merthyr and down the a470. We can either go to Abercynon and head back to Risca in the map or we could carry on straight back to jct 32 of the m4 and disperse? It's about a 50 mile loop whichever way round!
Screenshot_2018-05-16-20-55-49.png

What does speed enforcement look like up that stretch? Remember that GoSafe in South Wales can be hard to spot with their cheeky radars :censored:

Would you consider going west and do a mountain valley loop towards Cymmer (Afan Forest) or up and over towards Rhigos from Treherbert instead of northwards to Ebbw Vale? The roads westwards in my opinion are far more scenic and you are safe to open it up on many sections that do resemble the 'togue' style B roads?

Last edited:
Yes jeff I would love that but I'm trying to think of the lads coming over the bridge. The 2 tom's would be travelling around 300 miles that day I'd have thought! It'd be about 100 miles for tom h from his to Bridgend, the loop is about a 30 to 40 mile round trip from there to Rhigos down to llandarcy and back to Bridgend and then his 100 mile journey back! I'm pretty sure Ceylon would be more or less that mileage too!
Don't you worry though jeff! We will be doing some of that together ?

Yea I undesrstand people will be driving a long way to get here, if they are tho it’s worth an extra 20-30 mile trip to have open scenic mountain roads I’d have thought. Us lot in wales do enough driving over into England for stuff ?
Deep in the valleys is littered with shit tight streets, pot holes, speed bumps and cameras. Even if we don’t go west way, going mid wales may be better for those returning to the flat land.

I’m easy tho ??