I broke it quickly...And repeatedly...Chaste White Rebuild

@Copyninja - typical that I didn’t check charge on the Dragy as only managed to get one run today before it needed a charging, a slight improvement still using 3rd only on a ever so slight slope, rarified by Dragy though so I’ll take it 😂

View attachment 29070

Definitely a 3.7 in it.
Nice, yup def got a 3.7s.

Not going up hill has made a decent improvement. :cool:

That's a good shift from 2nd to 3rd...pulled more then 1g :devilish:

I’ve hurt the engine, pulling it to send to Stu. Low compression on rear rotor.

938D2074-0200-4112-B4CB-6CFF7FE74E4E.jpeg
2DE148D5-D160-4E28-9325-5DA69845CFB1.jpeg

I’ve hurt the engine, pulling it to send to Stu. Low compression on rear rotor.

View attachment 29349View attachment 29350

That's awful dude, was a fresh build as well. Our Link ECU's have a logging feature which record every parameter of the engine if setup to do so. If this has been set up to record on yours and you want me to review the logs, feel free to pm your log file and I can have a look to see if it over boosted or if the issue was something different entirely. If this data is available, it will help you narrow down the failure and no doubt its the whole point of having a modern ecu.

The ecu has a feature for an upper boost limit which can be setup for engine protection and it will kick in to save the engine in the event there is a boost spike but only if it has been set up to do so. There's many considerations here to take into account...but if you have the ecu logs that would be the place I would start. Happy to review the data for you if needed.

Good thing Mazda are making parts for our engines again eh :ROFLMAO:.

That sucks though, you haven't had much luck! Fingers crossed there isn't too much damage.

That's awful dude, was a fresh build as well. Our Link ECU's have a logging feature which record every parameter of the engine if setup to do so. If this has been set up to record on yours and you want me to review the logs, feel free to pm your log file and I can have a look to see if it over boosted or if the issue was something different entirely. If this data is available, it will help you narrow down the failure and no doubt its the whole point of having a modern ecu.

The ecu has a feature for an upper boost limit which can be setup for engine protection and it will kick in to save the engine in the event there is a boost spike but only if it has been set up to do so. There's many considerations here to take into account...but if you have the ecu logs that would be the place I would start. Happy to review the data for you if needed.
Thanks for the offer mate, yes aware of all of the above. Jay is going through logs.

Thanks for the offer mate, yes aware of all of the above. Jay is going through logs.
Fingers crossed mate, 3rd time lucky.

Do you think the engine was potentially hurt before you did the Dragy gps testing?

Only asking as our 60-100 mph dragy gps times were much closer then I thought they would be, considering the significant power difference
608hp on yours (500rwhp) vs 466 hp on mine (400 rwhp)
3.87s vs 4.02s = 0.15s faster with an approximate 100rwhp advantage doesn't seem quite right.

Good thing Mazda are making parts for our engines again eh :ROFLMAO:.

That sucks though, you haven't had much luck! Fingers crossed there isn't too much damage.
All good fun 🤩
Fingers crossed mate, 3rd time lucky.

Do you think the engine was potentially hurt before you did the Dragy gps testing?

Only asking as our 60-100 mph dragy gps times were much closer then I thought they would be, considering the significant power difference
608hp on yours (500rwhp) vs 466 hp on mine (400 rwhp)
3.87s vs 4.02s = 0.15s faster with an approximate 100rwhp advantage doesn't seem quite right.

That’s because it wasn’t running 608hp on the Dragy runs, was 5-6psi down due to over boosting on road due to load as mentioned previously.

All good fun 🤩

That’s because it wasn’t running 608hp on the Dragy runs, was 5-6psi down due to over boosting on road due to load as mentioned previously.
Ahh right, yes you did mention you had some boosting issues. So it would seem it wasn't running quite right if it was over boosting, any idea what it over boosted by at all? also when it was 5-6psi down was it meant to be at full boost ~ 22psi? I guess we can conclude your dragy gps runs were not truly reflective of a 500 rwhp rx7. We will both have to wait for this data 😭.

Fingers crossed for you and as Ceylon mentioned Mazda's heritage program is there to support us :ROFLMAO:. Hopefully the damage is not too bad. Keep us posted.

I should be back on dyno soon to chase my goal of 450rwhp and will report back on some more dragy data.

Ahh right, yes you did mention you had some boosting issues. So it would seem it wasn't running quite right if it was over boosting, any idea what it over boosted by at all? also when it was 5-6psi down was it meant to be at full boost ~ 22psi? I guess we can conclude your dragy gps runs were not truly reflective of a 500 rwhp rx7. We will both have to wait for this data 😭.

Fingers crossed for you and as Ceylon mentioned Mazda's heritage program is there to support us :ROFLMAO:. Hopefully the damage is not too bad. Keep us posted.

I should be back on dyno soon to chase my goal of 450rwhp and will report back on some more dragy data.
Was just turned down until we got back to some better rollers. Nothing too major, should be a quick fix.

Also love the fact that Mazda are making these engines again, definitely good news for the future.

Funny my first post is to you!
All link ecu have logging, boost limit is a basic protection .Mark had 3 parameters being proteced, not sure why you are so keen for him to send the log or map, seems to be a common thing I hear!
Also Mark was running 5 to 6psi less than his dyno pull when on the road, as he stated, there was issues with boost control, the issue is the car made more boost on the road than on the dyno so I turned it down remotely

Last edited:
Funny my first post is to you!
All link ecu have logging, boost limit is a basic protection .Mark had 3 parameters being proteced, not sure why you are so keen for him to send the log or map, seems to be a common thing I hear!
Also Mark was running 5 to 6psi less than his dyno pull when on the road, as he stated, there was issues with boost control, the issue is the car made more boost on the road than on the dyno so I turned it down remotely
I had no idea you would respond to my post. I should be honored, I hope you are doing well kind sir :cool:!

Since mark mentioned the issue, i offered to review the log files. I dont know where or when I asked for the map or how its a common thing. As you already know having a bespoke map for one car is completely useless on another car unless its the same spec like a stage 1-4 GTR where the mods are exactly the same etc.

What you mentioned is very interesting. I noticed a very similar trend when I mapped mine but I did mine the other way around...I road mapped mine then went to the dyno and noticed I was making less boost on the same duty cycle. I was a bit concerned about increasing duty cycle to hit my desired boost level so I switched the boost control strategy from open loop to closed loop and found it helped control the boost way better be it a cold or hot day and noticed the boost fluctuations on closed loop were much closer in line with my desired boost target. The open loop control I was noticing an error rate of +/-2psi.