The Dream Build

Love the wheels! Are they advans?

Where'd that BGW go 👀 I'll have it.

Just followed you on IG.
They are! Advan RG1s!
Sorry the BGW is gone now haha, I swapped it for the '99 spec rep, Blaggy has it now! 😂
Cheers for the follow man! Great to see a fellow Type R owner:D

Right, long time no see! Been busy getting all kindsof stuff done but ive finally started work on the FD! A good mate of mine offered to refurb and paint my calipers so I took them off, apart from the N/S rear carrier because the caliper to hub bolt snapped😑 next job is to take the hub off and drill out the bolt and source a replacement. I'm glad I've got the ball rolling!
20211016_122933.jpg

20211016_133740.jpg

20211021_121330.jpg

Right I've tried to get the hub off again, this time the ABS bolt snapped and the half shaft refused to come out, at least no more bolts can snap this side lmao

Or if in a rush use WD40, a solid wood packer to project the shaft an a whopping gert sledge hammer, they don't put up much of a fight then :D.

Or if in a rush use WD40, a solid wood packer to project the shaft an a whopping gert sledge hammer, they don't put up much of a fight then :D.
It took me and a mate with massive leaver bars and the puller tool to split one of mine. No amount of hammer action would do the trick. I even took it to a garage and they nearly FDUKed my DS. I had to grind it back round after they beat the shit out of it. :eek:

It took me and a mate with massive leaver bars and the puller tool to split one of mine. No amount of hammer action would do the trick. I even took it to a garage and they nearly FDUKed my DS. I had to grind it back round after they beat the shit out of it. :eek:
Bloody hell! Hopefully mine wont be as bad but it probably is 😂

Finally got some time to crack on with the FD! Fought the exhaust for far too long but it eventually came out 😂 The underside doesnt look too bad! Looks like no welding will be needed which is excellent, unfortunately the daylight receded before I could drop the subframe but hopefully I can do that tomorrow!
Exhaust-Off.jpg
UndersideBefore.jpg

I did the same today but like a twat, in 30 parts :D

How many bolts broke / rounded for u? front & rear, 1 ARB snapped and 1 front rounded for me