Monty.....the end

Tank should be done soon. All parts have arrived. Shogun had a big fail on mot so thats taken priority for the next week 😢

Tank should be done soon. All parts have arrived. Shogun had a big fail on mot so thats taken priority for the next week 😢

I know the feeling, Gdad The 3rd cost 1k for it’s mot this year(that was including 4 new tyres) Stupid other cars, used daily, getting in the way of broken money pits... How very dare they!

Its a bit of a wonkey donkey but its done 👌

20201025_150241.jpg

Not much been going on with monty recently mainly because I've been sorting out the dailys.
Managed to do a little last night though. Waiting on a couple of parts on the cooling lines but I learned a bit of pie/lobster cutting and knocked up a little 90 degree bend. Needs welding up but looks decent for a first attempt that was drawn out on paper and cut with the grinder!

IMG-20201118-WA0006.jpeg

Can you not front mount the IC? Would have thought the standard rad and fans would be able to cool the K20 well enough even with that beyond enormous IC core in the way?

Can you not front mount the IC? Would have thought the standard rad and fans would be able to cool the K20 well enough even with that beyond enormous IC core in the way?
Yeah of course I could but it means welding more pipes together lol. It may eventually happen, just seeing how this goes for now. The way I see it, less fab time, the quicker it gets on the road. No doubt in 5 years time it will all look different again 😀

Ai ai its been a little while since I done an update. Not really much going on but done a little a fortnight ago and a bit today.
Fortnight ago I started mocking up the pipes from intercooler to turbo and ran into a problem. At first I thought it was a big one as the turbo inlet was very tight to the sidewall of the bay. So today I tackled it! Thought I was gonna have to pull the engine but managed to jack the engine pull out the mount, chopped a bit of 10mm plate whacked it in and job was a good one! So I thought while I was in there I'd tackle the arb mounts too. Basically the original mounts were being hit by the ps rack gators. Easy fix just alot of pussing about back and forth to grinder and welder getting it all to sit where I wanted it too. Got there in the end but was 7pm and took me an hour to shove it all back together and tidy up so didn't get around to making my rad mounts. So next time I'll sort turbo and when I cba ill get onto the rad mounts. Coming together nicely though. Pics are awesome as usual 😆 bit of luck im not an Instagram likes chaser ey 🤣

IMG-20210103-WA0025.jpeg

IMG-20210117-WA0023.jpeg

IMG-20210117-WA0026.jpeg

IMG-20210117-WA0006.jpeg

Hopefully now its a little warmer than the last few weeks I can get a bit more motivation! Went out and tigged up the throttlebody. Just bought a dump valve courtesy of @jdmr_neil 👍 thanks mate 👌 so got some pie cuts to add to my turbo and some couplers to get and the intake should be finished. To me this is the hardest bit of the project! Purely because its all ally work and I am not an ally welder by far! Its bloody difficult and I take my hat off to anyone that's remotely good at it!
Nearly there now!
My ecu is on its way with a few extra parts thanks to @GAVBEY who has given me endless support on this project!

IMG-20210219-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20210216-WA0035.jpg

Dumpy from Neil is on its way and the maxx turned up.
Also picked up my other toy last night to get my summer kicks seems as the fd ain't on the road!

IMG-20210222-WA0002.jpg