MILLION

Real Name
Max Sansom
how do we feel about this?

The work i've seen is rather tasty

1590094713314.png

Last edited:
Seems alright for southern prices I guess

If the labour rate is £50 (typical rate for motor industry cost of unit tools etc.)

They basically saying it's 2 full weeks work 76 hours so... Dunno how long it takes to paint an FD

Looks reasonable to me, just about to get mine painted, ive saved a few bob by stripping the car myself but was getting quotes around 4-6k when i was first looking around (without me stripping the car) This is for "in the door shuts" with glass taken out

I had mine done late last year, stripped with dent work for an agreed £4k.
They even did extra work too.
Mind you they had it for 7 months :(
Then there were all the new seals / trims to add, because it's got to look good, £££

Last edited:
Shit that's a lot of money. I'm not saying it's a bad price, just I find it hard to justify so much money on something cosmetic, especially when you won't get that money back when you sell it.

That would be the single most expensive thing on my car. I'd love to get mine done mind you, but struggle to justify that.

That doesn't include the engine bay either right?

Shit that's a lot of money. I'm not saying it's a bad price, just I find it hard to justify so much money on something cosmetic, especially when you won't get that money back when you sell it.

That would be the single most expensive thing on my car. I'd love to get mine done mind you, but struggle to justify that.

Your engine was more than that

I'd probably except around £2-3k but I'm in the north and people tell me body shops charge more down south?

Seems reasonable to me, bulk of cost is the prep labour ehich is to be expected. Worth looking at some cars going in and out to gauge quality of work

Includes engine bay.

The car looks good in pictures. But to be fair it's fairly fucked. Lots of shall dents (38) and ripples. Scratches. Holograms. Paint is getting thin in places. Rear bumper is crazed. Front bumper has warped. Jacking points could look better.

What I'm saying is there's work there. Nothing mental for a shop. But.....

She deserves a birthday.

That's more.than what I paid for my FD.... Is it a respray of it's original colour or is it a new one?.

Lol
Same colour

I paid 7.5 for it.

Since gotten it all square. Engine. Polly bushes. Pillow balls. New refurbished brakes.