Finally joined the new forum😬😬😬

a.tapos

Have not driven my rx7 for two years(still in one piece) im sure there are a few guys i know on here from the other place.

Hope to get my car repainted and back on the road this year.

Cheers

Andy
1C28BC70-191F-4BB8-81E1-BE9A46AE7D55.jpeg
5AE9869C-942E-4322-A293-0D07EFBED8E5.jpeg
5DCB6F29-38FB-470E-B1E0-0323B4DEDEB8.jpeg
33406ABA-42E3-4548-8462-E28216AD1F2B.jpeg

Why would you use a profec instead of the link ecu to control boost?

I'm glad your resurrecting this. You should ask your detailer guy to do one of them stories / YouTube bids of the difference from when you pulled it out the garage to the end result.

Why would you use a profec instead of the link ecu to control boost?

I'm glad your resurrecting this. You should ask your detailer guy to do one of them stories / YouTube bids of the difference from when you pulled it out the garage to the end result.

No real reason,i like having the option to adjust boost on the fly and love the look of it.

yeah thats not a bad shout mate,i may ask him on monday.

yours on the road??

No real reason,i like having the option to adjust boost on the fly and love the look of it.

yeah thats not a bad shout mate,i may ask him on monday.

yours on the road??

Yeh it is.

I use the AEM water injection. It's a nice kit to install actually. I have the schnozzle just after the intercooler nearby where the power steering pump is.. it really does a great job of keeping temps down

On the link you can adjust boost on the fly with the link you only need to assign a DI to a different boost map and then that input wire goes to a switch.

When you switch boost you can make it switch to a different fuel map and timing map to match

Yeh it is.

I use the AEM water injection. It's a nice kit to install actually. I have the schnozzle just after the intercooler nearby where the power steering pump is.. it really does a great job of keeping temps down

On the link you can adjust boost on the fly with the link you only need to assign a DI to a different boost map and then that input wire goes to a switch.

When you switch boost you can make it switch to a different fuel map and timing map to match

I know mate,i have mapped quite a few links with that set up,i just like a seperate boost controller.

ive never really seen the point of map switching unless its for a different fuel.

Yeh it is.

What cc nozzle you running 500 ish?

Yea the fuse for the fuel pump melted a little bit (fuel pump big and fuse holder too small). My Link ecu detected drop in pressure and cut the engine. It was round the corner so my neighbour and I pushed it.

I am using the 500cc jet. It really does rapidly bring the temps down even though I have it kicking in as late as possible. I might try the smaller schnozzle next time.

Yea the fuse for the fuel pump melted a little bit (fuel pump big and fuse holder too small). My Link ecu detected drop in pressure and cut the engine. It was round the corner so my neighbour and I pushed it.

I am using the 500cc jet. It really does rapidly bring the temps down even though I have it kicking in as late as possible. I might try the smaller schnozzle next time.

Thats a result,cheaper then an engine.
Ill deffo get a fp sensor to the link.

i think ive fitted 330cc to aquamist which kept the temps soo low,not cutting in till 1 bar.

Another update.
Took it for MOT today,flew though(mechanically)

No leaks or issues underneath,starting on the button hot and cold with no throttle.
Suspension is all tein and poly bushed.
Brakes are spot on,these cars are soo well built,the engines give them a bad name.

got the idle/cruise nailed now and parts of the WOT.

ive run this car on apexi, adaptronic and link since ive had it and in my opinion link is my favourite software as its so configurable and nice to use.
apexi is as we all know the best out the box and easiest to work with.

still a few bits to buy and fit but after 5 years of sitting it was great to drive it.

AAAE6A17-D368-4D6B-86BC-C822A42613D7.jpeg

BFB0039C-C7A2-41C2-AECE-EFCB7A0CF0CA.jpeg

47641EA2-D7D3-49E0-9CC8-C0CBDCCB2625.jpeg

883342FE-F14E-4876-A65B-B9B2D5CF183F.jpeg