New FD owner from South Kent

GrantFD

I've only ever dreamt of owning an RX7, but i recently got some money together to buy a new car and thought sod it, even if it does become a reliability issue and i end up having to sell, i need to atleast own 1 FD in my lifetime.

So i've been researching since last October to ensure i had a decent understanding about the cars before i went ahead with a purchase... since then i have found an RX7 enthusiast local to me who had recently imported a 1999 White FD which needed the engine rebuilt, i decided to take a look and also see a couple other RX7's he had for sale.

I decided to go ahead with the one to be rebuilt, made a deposit so secure it and since then have been patiently waiting for the call to say its ready to be picked up.
While waiting i've been floating around this site, gathering info and researching everything in preparation, which i must say has helped a lot!

I hate getting ahead of myself and was going to wait until i picked the car up before i posted pics, but the car is only a few days away and i've been hanging around the site for a while now, so thought i'd properly introduce myself.

When the engine was out being rebuilt-

Yes i know its got parking sensors, which hurts me to look at, but its a minor set back for what i think is a really clean car..

Engine finally finished by RX Motors:

Rented a new garage for the FD to spend probably the majority of its days

I was offered some wheels MS-01 and HSD coilovers, which i had fitted while the car was out of action.

When the CAT 1 alarm was being fitted, i took a trip over to see the progress... car needs a clean, but seeing it for the second time, im really happy with it!

The car is just having some final bits tidied up and was being run in a little because he wanted to be sure he was happy with the engine before it was handed over to me.

Hopefully i will be able to get the car this week, give it a clean and polish, then upload some fresh photos.

I have been advised to run the car on mineral oil and have decided myself to premix a small amount of ProtekR premix, roughly 120ml per tank.

Thank you for looking, i appreciate any criticism and suggestions.

IMG_20190314_131017.jpg

That looks like a very clean motor to me. Amazing what a set of wheels can do to a car. Looks sweet mate. Bet you can't wait 😁😁😁. When are you getting it back?
Thanks mate (y).. yea can't wait, it's been the longest 2 months of my life 😂
Got a call the weekend just gone and he said he's really happy with how it drives and It should be ready this week. 🤞

Looks good. I think you should join the club at the exclusive rotary track day at Blyton Park on 5th July. It's a bit of a drive for you and me but well worth it for the value you get, and it's all rotary guys there on the day.

Nothing to hit there either and I had pretty much a stock car when I bought it, and did 3 track days without an issue.

Looks good. I think you should join the club at the exclusive rotary track day at Blyton Park on 5th July. It's a bit of a drive for you and me but well worth it for the value you get, and it's all rotary guys there on the day.

Nothing to hit there either and I had pretty much a stock car when I bought it, and did 3 track days without an issue.

Thanks!
I did look at that, but its a pretty long drive and I'd have to find someone to watch my boy 😂

Car looks really nice, I bet the wait is killing you, I also bought my 7 from Charlie and you are spot on a good honest guy.

Car looks really nice, I bet the wait is killing you, I also bought my 7 from Charlie and you are spot on a good honest guy.
I've been going crazy.. feel like a child who's been told they can have their favourite toy, but have never actually been told when they're going to get it 😂 just eagerly waiting and looking at the photos over and over again haha

Looks awesome mate! How you finding it?
Thanks.... It feels great just knowing what car I'm driving around in 😂.. dreamt of this thing for so long.
When I get the motor run in and can drive it without constantly making sure I'm not to go into boost, it will be even better 👌🏾
And when I sort the headlight 🙄